hey i need some help- i recently bought a fender frontman 65R and it has a horrible hum and high pitched background noise. took it to my fender dealer who said nothing was wrong. i want to fix it myself, just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with the frontman 65R and how do you fix it?
all feedback welcome
thanks
joe
Does grounding it help?
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
Does it have the noise with no cables plugged in? Just want to make sure it is the amp. Also check if there is any electronic equipment nearby that might affect it (ie anything wireless). Otherwise you're screwed. Unless you have a lot of electronic engineering experience, don't bother trying to fix it. Cheap amps like that a just one giant PC board. It will cost you more to locate the problem professionally that to buy a new one. Save your money for something decent.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Hi I had the hum too. turned out to be reverb on mine if you turn the reverb down humm goes away.
I then swtiched the two coax cables around on the spring reverb unit in the box and now no more hum