Umm...all of them? You sorta....hold your finger down....

Whats the point of a sustainer on a guitar?
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
no smart ass answers...and the point is mega sustain. if you knew anything about guitars and stopped beign asmart as you'd of figured that out
A delay pedal gives you infinite sustain...
John Frusciante
Quote by scarecr0w
A delay pedal gives you infinite sustain...

Not really...

anyway... try out Fernandes guitars, they make a sustainer and put em in most of their guitars i think.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
Not really...

anyway... try out Fernandes guitars, they make a sustainer and put em in most of their guitars i think.

Well on my valvetronix, you can set the delay speed to immediate, and the length to infinite.

I can get some shocking sounds out of it.
John Frusciante
Some companies offer guitars with a sustainer pickup/system in them or you can buy it as an add on to your existing guitar. The only one off the top of my head that I know that had a sustainer was an 80's Kramer model called the Sustainer :P made in the usa too. I'm sure there are a few floating around craigslist and ebay. I seen one in my area for $400 but the sustainer pickup was broken so that kind defeats the purpose.

For those who don't know a sustainer guitar has a special pickup (usually the neck position I believe) that when engaged creates a magnetic field and keeps the string vibrating/ringing/sustaining forever :P
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Feb 12, 2008,
As said above, Fernandes guitars. However, if you want a better selection of their guitars, you will have to import from Japan (they actually aren't that expensive and they are supposed to be quite good). In Japan, they are better known for their guitars, but outside Japan it is more common to see just the sustainer being used (for example, Steve Vai has them in some of his Ibanez guitars).

One of the Jackson Dinky guitars has one. I'm not sure if the model is still in production, but you shouldn't have a problem finding them new online, I think I checked about a month or so ago.
fernandes guitars have em i think, and i know for sure the jackson pc-1 model has a sustainer system in the neck along with a octave switch so when its sustaining u flip the switch and the sustained note becomes an octave higher
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
^^^its not an octave switch on the guitar...its a harmonic thingy so when you sustain it for a period time, it feedbacks and turns the note into a harmonic. its a really cool feature, but it feels weird when the string vibrates forever.

guitars with sustainers:

Jackson PC-1
Jackson DK2S
Fernandes Ravelle with Sustainer
Last edited by steel337 at Feb 12, 2008,
You can sustain with a bolt on neck unit that works via a compressor. That vibrates the whole body and keeps any note going. Not really stage friendly, but gets the job done without surgery.
Stop showing off and play the music!