Ok guys I need help.
Im in search for a new bass multi-fx effects pedal. Possibly around the price range of $100-$200 and with a built in tuner...

I use a Epiphone Blackbird (i dont like nikki sixx though) and a Behringer BXL1800 (180w bass amp).

I am now using a Korg AX3B pedal, not that great but I only paid $50 for it so I cant complain.

Any help guys?
There are no good multi-fx pedals for 200$...
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
Quote by frantix
There are no good multi-fx pedals for 200$...

I meant was is the best for the price range $100 - $200?

Im sure there is a 'good' one for that price...
*The BASSics* Of the Australia FTW! Club.
I can understand you don't have a lot of money for the moment, and that you want a range of effects as soon as possible.

But just don't do it, either buy some stompboxes or save up for some better stuff.
Otherwise you will have a horrible sound...
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
Dude,

For $200, you can buy 2 (or 3 used) descent effects pedals. Bass players don't need that many different effects pedals. Personally, Multi Effects pedals are a waste for bass players. Go with single effects.
*Guitars:
Fender Aerodyne Bass
Schecter Stiletto Elite Bass
ESP LTD B-155 Bass
Dean Edge 8-String Bass
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Guitar
Quite frankly, I would suggest a new bass and amp over effects. Behringers and Epiphone aren't exactly popular around here, and for good reason.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Quite frankly, I would suggest a new bass and amp over effects. Behringers and Epiphone aren't exactly popular around here, and for good reason.

+ 1
You don't have enough money for a decent bass or amp yet so save up.
I reccomend the Rocktron Utopia B-100, although it is missing some effects, most notably an octaver, synthesizer, and a tuner. Things a beauty, though, and it has a lot of effects to mess around with.

EDIT: linky
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rocktron-Utopia-B100-Multi-Effects-Bass-Pedal-150364-i1320835.gc
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Feb 12, 2008,
Save your money and get a better amp. At least something like an Ashdown or Carvin combo will make your bass sound less crappy.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Save your money and get a better amp. At least something like an Ashdown or Carvin combo will make your bass sound less crappy.

Hey, I have that amp! It is actually fairly good, and I doubt it is going to break down anytime soon.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Hey, I have that amp! It is actually fairly good, and I doubt it is going to break down anytime soon.

Yeah, that Big Muff ensures that your Behringer is not being put up to the task at all
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, that Big Muff ensures that your Behringer is not being put up to the task at all

All I need is an Epi t-bird, and I will make you hate me forever.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by bass dude nick
i just got a boss me20b and it's great, just need to learn some songs that use effects...

You should never have to "learn songs that use effects," but rather "buy effects to use in a song."

Do you see the difference?
Thanks for the help guys. I also have a Fender P Bass which is currently getting repaired. Yeh Im thinking of getting a new bass amp also.

I better start saving up then!
*The BASSics* Of the Australia FTW! Club.
Last edited by chris.ms92 at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by Charlatan_001
You should never have to "learn songs that use effects," but rather "buy effects to use in a song."

That should be cut and pasted into every thread about effects. Period.

And to TS, I'm glad you've decided to save up for the bass amp. It will do more for your sound long term than any multi pedal will ever do. Good choice.
Quote by chris.ms92
Thanks for the help guys. I also have a Fender P Bass which is currently getting repaired. Yeh Im thinking of getting a new bass amp also.

I better start saving up then!

This suggests he is still getting the effect, anarkee.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Am I the only one on UG that doesn't hate the big muff on bass? or am I just the only one who really just doesn't give a **** about low end being distorted and plays very mid rangey stuff, and is also looking for a cheap all tube bass amp and all that good stuff?
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by PunkRocker33133
Am I the only one on UG that doesn't hate the big muff on bass? or am I just the only one who really just doesn't give a **** about low end being distorted and plays very mid rangey stuff, and is also looking for a cheap all tube bass amp and all that good stuff?

I think you're the only one who likes losing what makes their instrument a bass guitar.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Charlatan_001

yea i do, i know a few songs that use effects but it's mainly for fun
can anybody tell me a good bass pedal that i can buy with effects try to stay in the price range of $100-$150
Quote by soulmastuh7
can anybody tell me a good bass pedal that i can buy with effects try to stay in the price range of $100-$150

Go to the Bass FAQ. Also, people made suggestions in this thread already.