Here is my current rig:

ESP LTD EC-500 > Digitech Bad Monkey > 15 band EQ > B-52 AT112 >(send) TC Electronics G-sharp (return)

I always got really thick and full distortion, rich in harmonics and full of life. Now however, my amp sounds extremely thin, lifeless and muddy. It sounds almost identical to the line6 toneport I have (which isn't a good thing). The weird thing is, my clean channel sounds absolutely fine!

Anyone know whats going on? I've had my amp for 2 years now, never had any issues.
WTLTL 2011
Okay, first thing to check is tubes, make sure they all look okay, maybe some are on their way out? That effects tone majorly.

Secondly, have you just recently changed a piece of gear? I.E. new guitar, new pups, new pedal etc etc?
I think the tubes are dead, get them checked and replaced if necessary
ohai little sig.
Yeah, at first I thought it was the TC electronics G-sharp which I just got. To check this I unplugged everything, but the tone loss was still apparent. The TC electronics was pretty much transparent.

It is the amp, there's no doubt about that. I just don't know what it is. Do tubes really deteriorate that fast? I've only had the amp for 2 years.

How do I check the tubes?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Yeah, at first I thought it was the TC electronics G-sharp which I just got. To check this I unplugged everything, but the tone loss was still apparent. The TC electronics was pretty much transparent.

It is the amp, there's no doubt about that. I just don't know what it is. Do tubes really deteriorate that fast? I've only had the amp for 2 years.

Tubes will generally last for years even with fairly heavy use, but they can still go at any time without warning. Unless you own something like a Mesa Road King, they're not too expensive to replace.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Alright, but how do I see if a tube is worn out? And what do I buy to replace it...so many different tube kinds
WTLTL 2011
check the type...it should be imprinted in the back numbers and letters...like el34 or el84 or kt88 or 6l6

Also if theyre worn out it either wont be lighting up or will look dimmer than the others