So, I've recently gotten a boatload of money and I feel like putting it towards a new amp. I've been checking out and trying out various amps for a while, and so far the ones I like best would be the:

Vox AC30CC1 at 700 euro's

and the

Fender Blues Deluxe at 750 euro's

Now both have an amazing sound, both clean and overdriven. And with the minimal price difference I'm really stumped at which one I should go with. On one hand I like the raunchy sound and minimalist features of the Fender, but on the other hand; the vox' tremolo and channel mixing thing sound really inviting (though I really wish I could switch between clean and top boost without having to unplug my cords)

Anyway, I'd really like some advice, I'm going crazy over here.

Genres I play most include blues(rock), hard rock, stoner and eh, clean pop? and I'm rather fond of creating out of the ordinary sounds with least amount of gear. I hope that's not too vague
AC30CC1 ftw!

The Blues Deluxe is little more than an entry level gigging amp from Fender, which sells for about half the cost of an AC30 in the US. It's good for what it is, but the Vox is vastly superior. If you want to compare a Fender to the AC30, you need to step up to amps like the Vibrolux, Super Reverb, and Bassman in terms of quality.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Vox really does kill the Fender in terms of quality...

Plus as you're in Europe, the Fender is at a massively inflated price. It's actually worth a lot less than the Vox. You're getting a better deal on the Vox for sure.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Thanks for replying

So far leaning towards the vox then. But I've heard about reliability issues with AC30's. Will it stand being pushed hard? will I kill myself replacing tubes? is the amp in general pretty fragile?

sorry for asking so many questions, I just want to be sure about this. Any way you put it, its a lot of money
don't get the Vox unless you're getting the one with Celestion Blues. The one with Wharfdales makes bad harmonics when turned up loud.
^its the cc1, neodog speaker

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
ooooh I have no experience with those. Might sound great. I say give it a go and if it does the same thing then return it!
Quote by thebrewfan
don't get the Vox unless you're getting the one with Celestion Blues. The one with Wharfdales makes bad harmonics when turned up loud.

Thanks but I got that covered, like Hendriko said, its the one with the neodog. And to be frank, I don't really see the need for a 2x12 (with inferior speakers). I've seen bands rocking the **** out of a gig the size of a soccer field with just a 1x12. One extra speaker isn't going to make that much of a difference. Maybe one day if I have the money I might buy a 4x12/10 fitted with alnico blues.

Though in all honesty, if I had that kind of money I'd just get the AC30 that comes with the blues :P
^Yeah 1x12 is fine. I just was warning you against the crappiness of the speakers in the 2x12 cause I didn't know there was a 1x12.
Quote by Revhain
So, I've recently gotten a boatload of money and I feel like putting it towards a new amp. I've been checking out and trying out various amps for a while, and so far the ones I like best would be the:

Vox AC30CC1 at 700 euro's

and the

Fender Blues Deluxe at 750 euro's

Now both have an amazing sound, both clean and overdriven. And with the minimal price difference I'm really stumped at which one I should go with. On one hand I like the raunchy sound and minimalist features of the Fender, but on the other hand; the vox' tremolo and channel mixing thing sound really inviting (though I really wish I could switch between clean and top boost without having to unplug my cords)

Anyway, I'd really like some advice, I'm going crazy over here.

Genres I play most include blues(rock), hard rock, stoner and eh, clean pop? and I'm rather fond of creating out of the ordinary sounds with least amount of gear. I hope that's not too vague

My dad works in holland, and with the current exchange rate, the Vox will only cost you $980, which is over $200 cheaper than new here! That is for the AC30CC2 though, but the one speaker doesn't make too much of a difference.

Definitely go for the Vox!!! I am going back home over spring break, so you better buy that thing or I'll snatch it up
High as tits
Actually the Vox would be used (though only in the monetary sense, its still in pristine quality) so yeah I am getting a pretty good deal on it. Lowest price I could get in the store is 1000 euro's, which I think would be around 1400 dollars?

In any case I've pretty much decided on the vox, I'm gonna wait till friday to cut the ribbon though, so if anyone has some additional input (like the reliability issues or whether or not its suited for my genres) it'd be greatly appreciated.
Here's my additional input: Good choice on the Vox. The AC30 is the god of all amps.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Haha thanks!

here's another question: Is the alnico blue really that much better than the neodog? (in what way?) and would it be worth it to swap?
I have the AC30CC1, and I bought it with the intention of swapping out the speaker. After playing it a while, though, I decided against it. The Neodog is actually very nice.

If you do opt to switch out the speaker, you'll have to go with a higher rated Celestion Blue clone (like the Eminence Red Fang) being that the Blue is only rated for 15W. The Blues are great speakers, and a big part of the AC30 sound. Another option would be running an extension cab. I do that sometimes.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I have a Tone Tubby 2x10 with their alnico speakers. It's pretty damn sweet, actually. Same cab REM's guitarist uses with his AC30 head, not that I knew that when I acquired it. In fact -now that I think of it- I had it before I got my AC30.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Does hooking your amp up to the cab affect the sound dramatically? and do you prefer it over the sound of your neodog?

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm doing an interview
It's certainly noticeable. The cab has a little more bottom end than the combo. The speakers have more of a mid-flavor to them than the Neodog, which has a brighter/cleaner kind of tone. You can run it to bypass the internal speaker, or run them in parallel, and again there's a difference. I like the parallel concept, which I use with the channels blended.

But again, the internal speaker is just fine, and I generally gig with just the combo - leaving my cab at home. I like having different options at my disposal, though.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The idea of blending certainly sounds appealing!

Next question, what happens if I run two seperate leads (and thus input two seperate pickups or guitars) into the thing? Might be a stupid question, but I've been thinking about modding my acoustic to have a piezo and a magnetic pickup, with seperate output jacks.. so
^ haven't tried it, and I really don't think it's designed to run two leads at once. You could certainly swap guitars, though, and play an acoustic thru it. It will color the tone quite a bit, though, which a lot of people don't like to do with their acoustics. There's also the issue of feedback.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
hmm, well I guess I could try putting the magnetic pickup through the amp and the piezo through the pa or something, if my idea is it all plausible. But thanks! I guess that's all I have to ask. Thank you for your time, you've been a great help
Anytime.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Revhain
Actually the Vox would be used (though only in the monetary sense, its still in pristine quality) so yeah I am getting a pretty good deal on it. Lowest price I could get in the store is 1000 euro's, which I think would be around 1400 dollars?

In any case I've pretty much decided on the vox, I'm gonna wait till friday to cut the ribbon though, so if anyone has some additional input (like the reliability issues or whether or not its suited for my genres) it'd be greatly appreciated.

If I were you I would just buy it now OR put a down payment on it so nobody else will buy it before Friday. It happens. A LOT!

So get it now!!! Or call them and have them hold it for you.
High as tits
I just now made an appointment to take it off his hands this friday :P: so unless he's a rat bastard I'll soon have the amp that'll last me untill I score a multi billion dollar record deal.