Hey, I'm buying a new bass and amp and I'm not sure which brand of amp to go with, I've looked at a couple but was wanting some feedback by actual users, not salesmen trying to make a sale. I have $300 CDN, the names I'm looking at are Ampeg, Peavey, Crate, Fender and Roland. Please don't just say try them and pick one, please. I want to know what would be the best bang for my buck. I want something that I can use for practice and for small gigs. Thank you.
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
i dont play my bass much anymore, im too involved with my guitar
but i was so god damn close to getting a Hartke A100 when i did play bass more
i suggest look at some Hartkes cos i think they're really awesome, even though they arent what you said you were looking at
Could you list what models you're looking at? I'd like to help, but not so much that I want to research into the value of the Canadian dollar and the prices of gear there!

If you can afford the Peavey TNT115 then that's a great amp for the price.
Quote by FbSa
Quality - Peavey, Carvin
Power - Ashdown, Carvin
Boom for you Buck - Carvin
Bland tones - Any amp if you can't EQ properly
Piece of crap - Behringer.

Hope that helps a little.

Fixed.

Seriously though, Carvin are the best bang for buck. However, as cheap as thy are your price range is still a little low. I recommend saving up as you won't get much with $300, especially if it's Canadian. As well as our dollar is doing, it's done nothing for the consumer.
Play an Ampeg combo, like the BA-115. Carvin are way overrated in this forum.
Last edited by Sly Taco at Feb 12, 2008,
I'm looking at the Fender Rumble 60, Ampeg BA115T, Peavey MAX(R)115, Crate BT100, and Roland CUBE-100. if there are others that you think i should look at please let me know. thank you for your responses and your opinion. I'm a little flexable on money.
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350