Ok, after a show went pretty crappy because my amp just wasnt loud enough at all, i've decided its time to upgrade. I dont want advice on pickups..or pedals ( IM running a JP7 through some nice pedals) I want some opinions..and suggestions of amplifiers that would sound good through Vintage 30 speakers (4x12) and is under 1200..i wish i had more but thats my budget..

I play a lot of progressive rock/metal with my band so it needs to have some decent gain to it..i really dont like the tinny low gain sound for the band.. On my own i play a lot of mellow very melodic stuff so it should becapable of a real smooth sound as well.

Here are some that i am looking at (tell me what you think)

Peavey JSX - Found one for 1250 new..

Peavey xxx

Carvin V3 - Have no way of trying it out but i have read more good review then bad and i love the way it sounds in every video audio clip i could find.

And this is the part where you give me suggestions on other types of amps.. I am not into the Mesa's or Marshalls so please dont suggest those..they are wonderful amps i just dont personally like them.
peavey XXX are pretty decent from what a friend of mine's tone sounds like
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
the v3 is the best of that bunch, they are all good though!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Randall MTS series, whichever one fits in ur budget. i know the RM50 is $1000 plus $200 per each module, if you go to a dealer u mite be able to talk them into giving you a free one (that's what i did, saved me a couple hundred).

and does it fit ur style? ha, 13 modules to choose from, i dare you not to be not be able to find at least two or three that work perfectly for you.

versatility and orgasmic tone is the name of the game, and this amp is definitely a top 3 contender. that's my two cents. i hope you at least look into them, you'll be quite happy if you do!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
Randall MTS series, whichever one fits in ur budget. i know the RM50 is $1000 plus $200 per each module, if you go to a dealer u mite be able to talk them into giving you a free one (that's what i did, saved me a couple hundred).

and does it fit ur style? ha, 13 modules to choose from, i dare you not to be not be able to find at least two or three that work perfectly for you.

versatility and orgasmic tone is the name of the game, and this amp is definitely a top 3 contender. that's my two cents. i hope you at least look into them, you'll be quite happy if you do!

I actually thought about those but i dont have the money to afford the different modules.. but they are amazing definitly.
JSX - Has basically the lead channel of the 'XXX' anyway, just improved slightly, to Joe's specs, well, that can't be half bad. He has awesome tone.

V3 could be cool though.

Remember however, that 100W/120W (the XXX and JSX) tube is ridiculously loud. Crazily so, I mean, unless you play huge huge venues.....

Also, check out orange, amazing, plus coolest looking amps by a long way
Adam
well, TS, i'm glad you already looked into those and got some light shed upon them!!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-MTS-Series-RM50HP2-50W-Guitar-Amp-Head-with-Modules?sku=481124
that's brand new. for that price you'd get the 50 watt head (i have the combo) and two modules of your choice, for under $200 over ur budget...damn...so close

BUT, make sure while ur still searching you check used stores/craigslist/ebay for the 50 watt combo head and modules (you can easily find some for $150 or a lil less on ebay and other music sites used). that way if you happen to find one that fits ur budget before you find a different one, go for it.

happy searchin bro
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by adzlee123
JSX - Has basically the lead channel of the 'XXX' anyway, just improved slightly, to Joe's specs, well, that can't be half bad. He has awesome tone.

V3 could be cool though.

Remember however, that 100W/120W (the XXX and JSX) tube is ridiculously loud. Crazily so, I mean, unless you play huge huge venues.....

Also, check out orange, amazing, plus coolest looking amps by a long way

haha i hate orange...they sound great but they are ugly as sin..also WAY over my budget...emphasis on the WAY... As far as the "Ridiculously loud bit" Thats good... thats why im looking for a new head in the first place my marshall just doesnt put out..