Poll: Emg's in a Schecter?
Poll Options
View poll results: Emg's in a Schecter?
Yes, of course!
25 76%
No, dont you ever.
8 24%
Voters: 33.
So i was told no dont get the EMG's installed, and then yes get them installed by some of my friends. I have an omen 6 to be precise. Since my friends couldn't help me i figured i would turn to the World of UG. I like hardcore music i guess you could say. acutally i like all music but i just play hardcore music.
Active pickups depend almost solely on your amp. It doesn't matter much what guitar you're putting them in to; if your amp isn't top-quality (and by that I do mean actual touring-quality) then EMGs will sound ****, plain and simple.

What guitar you put them in, or if you use them at all, is up to you. Just make sure you have an amp worthy of the pickups first.
More of it is going to depend on your amp. A decent tube amp should be a bare minimum for active pickups to avoid the harsh clipping you'd get with a SS. Additionally, you might want to look into Seymour Duncan Blackouts instead of EMGs. I've heard that they take better to basswood guitars than EMGs do (EMGs work wonders with mahogany).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by bokuho
Active pickups depend almost solely on your amp. It doesn't matter much what guitar you're putting them in to; if your amp isn't top-quality (and by that I do mean actual touring-quality) then EMGs will sound ****, plain and simple.

What guitar you put them in, or if you use them at all, is up to you. Just make sure you have an amp worthy of the pickups first.

That's bull****, i've played an EC-1000 with EMGs through a Roland Cube 60, sounded amazing.
Do it.

Whoever said it depends on the amp is right. I upgraded to a Peavey Valve King 100 head I had a 006 Deluxe and I couldn't get any good squeals out of it, so I bought an ESP Viper 400 with the 81/85 combo and it's awesome.

If I had the expertise, I'd replace the pickups in the Schecter 006 and put in EMG's. I like a lighter guitar, and Viper is just too heavy, but the EMG's are worth it.

Steve
alright thanks guys. well i have a crate GT1200H SS amp so i'll just hold off on emg's but my next amp i plan on getting will be a tube amp. but that will be a year down the road probably. thanks again for all your response. =)

if you have more comments keep them comming.
and i dont really know to much about the seymour ducans i'll have to look into them.
of course you should get them they are amazing i have them in my new schecter
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
DONT go with EMG's go with blackouts instead, they're also active but dont require extra routing and so forth and are basically EMG's with all the problems fixed!
Quote by StealthyHayze
DONT go with EMG's go with blackouts instead, they're also active but dont require extra routing and so forth and are basically EMG's with all the problems fixed!

What extra routing?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
well i ended up getting the emgs installed in my guitar. and they make my sound so much fuller and heavier then the orginal pick ups that were in the guitar before.