err...hi um i have a question...
is it okay to play as song if it sounds exactly like but not the way the original artist plays it?
be a little more specific. like transposing the chords? rythym? we need a story here
Opus Acoustic by Harmony Guitars
Ibanez AEF18 Acoustic Electric
Crate GTD15R

Tophue: Every christian song has the chord progression G, Cadd9 somewhere in the song
Phax: The key of Gsus!!! COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT! haha
yeah, I agree. and if anyone gives you any lip about you not playing right, just say you're playing it your way...and tell them to get bent.
Opus Acoustic by Harmony Guitars
Ibanez AEF18 Acoustic Electric
Crate GTD15R

Tophue: Every christian song has the chord progression G, Cadd9 somewhere in the song
Phax: The key of Gsus!!! COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT! haha
Thats a question only you can answer. If you're happy playing it differently then the answer is yes. If you want to play it like the artist then the answer is no.
???
I don't play Back In Black the way Angus Young does because my way is more comfortable, my way is more comfortable.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

If everybody played a song exactly the same way it would be a very boring world. By all means add your personality to it and good luck to you.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
You can play the song however you want. If it sounds close to how the song actually goes, then that's fine. Chances are, nobody except for the original guitarist is going to be able to play the song exactly right. And even they alter their songs.
If you're just changing it to make it easier, don't. If you have to, at least learn it properly first, then make your own changes. You won't progress at all if you just try and make it easy for yourself.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1