Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
What kind of budget do you have? There's a lot of options in the DFX/Flexwave range, but if you could narrow it down a bit more, that'd help.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
if you have to buy one of those than the crate BY FAR.

but if your willing to go used, I say either a Peavey Classic 30 (+ distortion pedal if you like high gain) or a Peavey 5150/6505 . Maybe a Traynor YCVB50 or an ashdown fallen angel.

all would deliver gorgeous tone, and are better than either the crate or cheap marshall.

but it all depends on your budget. I found my classic 30 in a shop for $350, which was a pretty damn good deal for a shop.

also look around in shops and try things out.

no matter what, dont get persuaded by a big brand name or a sales person. Make your own judgement.

and if at all possible bring someone who knows guitars and amps well with you to help make an informed decision (and get a good deal on whatever you buy, haggling is still an existing practice in guitar shops lol)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Both of these are solid state amps and many people get tired of these after about a year of playing as they begin to realise that their tone isn't that good so they upgrade. For this reason I think that getting a fairly decent low priced tube amp would be a good idea as they will sound much better. Some options for cheap tube amps are: Epiphone valve junior, any Blackheart amp, laney 15 watt tube amps and peavey tube amps such as the classic 30, valvekings which go for surprisingly little used if you look around.
Quote by system of chaos
i want to get either a marshall dfx or a crate flexwave any suggestions?

check in to rehab?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My roommate actually had both an MG100HDFX halfstack and a 120 watt Flexwave halfstack (don't ask me why) and recently rid himself of both of them in favor of a So-Cal 50 and an Avatar 212.

I agree with the (I'm paraphrasing here) "get something good the first time" sentiments, but ultimately you have to make the decision based on what works for you.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
My roommate actually had both an MG100HDFX halfstack and a 120 watt Flexwave halfstack (don't ask me why) and recently rid himself of both of them in favor of a So-Cal 50 and an Avatar 212.

I agree with the (I'm paraphrasing here) "get something good the first time" sentiments, but ultimately you have to make the decision based on what works for you.

Smart man.

If you must learn the hard way, be our guest, TS. If you give us a budget, and some styles, we'll give you good advice.