Hey guys i play blues and metal and old and new Metallica.

Own a Kustom KGA10FX which i find really nice.

Anyways i am upgrading from an Encore guitar i want a guitar which is good for Metal and Blues i am more of a Metal dude though i play 70% Metal/Rock and 30! Blues.

What guitars would you sudgest me which could do but they should have aFloyed Rose or a whammy bar.

Thanks Guys.

P.S There should be a thread which is dedicated to what guitar should i buy.

Thanks.
I hate to break it to you, but new guitars with decent double-locking trem systems are out of your price range. They are generally low-end, hit-or-miss licensed trems, so your mileage may vary. Would you possibly consider expanding your budget a bit, or going for fixed-bridge guitars?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Last edited by DrNick at Feb 12, 2008,
Ibanez S320, if you strecth it a small bit an Ibanez S470.
A used Ibanez RG550/570, a used Washburn X40 pro, a used Ibanez RG1570.

Probably your best bets.

EDIT: to post above, that isn't true, look at my list. All got OFR quality trems
I think you can just about afford an entry level Ibanez S Series, though depending on where you shop you might have to stretch your budget a little...

To get a decent whammy-equipped guitar you need to expect to cover the cost of a decent whammy bar system to be on the guitar basically.

Check out the Ibanez website, in particular the S Series like I said, although there may be some cheaper RG models that suit you better.
go for an ibanez or a dean

w8 u said euros idk how much they price guitars there

but here in the us i can get a ibanez w/floyd for around 300-500$
In fact i'll give you some guidelines for stress free tremolo work:

If you go Ibanez DON'T get sucked in cos it's an Ibanez, avoid: Edge III, Edge II and Lo-TRS trems.
And avoid any trems that are "liscensed floyd roses" unless they are Schaller, Gotoh or Ping (I believe they're the good ones?)

EDIT: Perfect example, don't touch the one that has been posted above this post.
Quote by freakypop
go for an ibanez or a dean

w8 u said euros idk how much they price guitars there

but here in the us i can get a ibanez w/floyd for around 300-500$

I know some Americans are a little ignorant of people 'across the pond'...but how can you confuse £ (Pound Sterling) with € (Euro)?!

Surely you've heard of the £ symbol before?! lol
Not a huge amount of choices for that price range. Maybe an ESP LTD or maybe try finding an Ibanez S series guitar. Actually, you may even want to think about the Luna Andromeda, I actually heard those had a fairly decent tremolo. It is cheap enough you could replace the pick-ups, too. There is also the Jackson Dinky.

You may also be able to get an old used Ibanez RG that had a decent tremolo. There is probably a bunch of other decent used guitars that would fall in your price range if you take a look as well.

You could save a bit more, if you get about 100-200 pounds more your options increase dramatically. You are just a little under where most of the decent vibrato bar equipped guitars tend to start getting priced at.
^ also Jackson licenced tremolos are good.

and I own an Ibanez RG with an Edge III tremolo and I haven't had any problems with it

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
in total guitar they have some shred guitars brand new for under 500 pounds you should check that out theres a couple in your price range
anything with a licensed or original floyd rose would suit you, STAY AWAY from Ibanez tremolos because they are junk, they use a soft metal when they manufacture them resulting in a tremolo that is really sensative to temprature and going out of tune really easy. People wine about licensed floyd rose and I mean yea, they are a pain to change strings on but with care and the proper set up they work fantastic. People who usually carry on about how licensed floyd rose suck probably didnt take the time to have it set up properly or they got a lemon out of the deal. My advice would be go with ESP LTD or Schecter because even their low end stuff is great quality
Quote by Adimantium
anything with a licensed or original floyd rose would suit you, STAY AWAY from Ibanez tremolos because they are junk, they use a soft metal when they manufacture them resulting in a tremolo that is really sensative to temprature and going out of tune really easy. People wine about licensed floyd rose and I mean yea, they are a pain to change strings on but with care and the proper set up they work fantastic. People who usually carry on about how licensed floyd rose suck probably didnt take the time to have it set up properly or they got a lemon out of the deal. My advice would be go with ESP LTD or Schecter because even their low end stuff is great quality

Someone doesn't know much.....I'm look atchoo!

Right, Ibanez trems, are some of the best trems out there, but as it's a large guitar manufacturer, there are low ends, any low end trem (Edge III, II and Lo_TRS) by them is junk, the rest are stellar, now liscensed floyd roses, you act as if there is a global LFR, no. There are various types, some better than others, ones on a £100 guitar will most likely fall apart in days where as the one on the Washburn X40 pro (schaller) will last as long as an OFR.
If you can extend your price range, get the Ibanez S470, they really good guitars. I have one and the ZR trem is really good. I only have to tune it about once a week.
Quote by Adimantium

No offence to the guy, but please don't listen to this guy.

What he says (in particular about Ibanez) was absolute nonsense. I'm not one to judge Licensed vs Official Floyd Rose as I only own a guitar with an Official on (My newest one, LAG AP2000BSH ) but my Ibanez S Series has a great remolo on it, in the form of the ZR Tremolo and I find it great, particularly for readjusting spring tension/action etc.

And before you get annoyed I'm not picking on you It's just you don't appear to be quite as expderienced with guitars. (And LTD are just as overpriced as ESP, they make some great guitars, but at a great profit to themselves too! Sorta like Gibson )
Quote by Punk_Ninja
We can't choose for you.

Take a look at some guitars with decent trems, see which you like best.

no but would like advise.
Quote by ibikinz
no but would like advise.

The general concensus appears to go for the Ibanez S Series, but seriously...just go and try a few out.

We can't tell you what you'll enjoy playing.

If I have to choose one, I'd definitely say the S Series though
Well advice would be, any guitar with:
Official Floyd Rose
Schaller Floyd Rose
Gotoh Floyd Rose
Ping Floyd Rose
Edge
Edge Pro
Edge Zero
ZR
ZR II
Lo-pro Edge
A kahler trem
a Steinberger trem

Will be fine, just pick which one you like the looks/other specs of
if you are still a beginner why do you need a whammy? honestly they are wayy over rated. a hardtail has way less problems, better sustain, you can change tunings with ease ect. unless you are very knowledgeable about how the trem system works i would stay away and buy a better guitar for less money (locking trem systems jack guitar prices wayyy up). just check out paul gilbert- he shreds like no other and plays a hardtail
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
As a beginner id stay clear away from floating trems, evil to setup and balance properly and once you are in tune you are stuck in that tuning. Plus all the guitars in your price range come with LFRs made from sub-standard metals. Sure they will work for a while but they will give out sooner rather than later.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Id get one of these in a heartbeat on your budget.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
ibikinz want my bum

we do it in the ELC at school during our frees

xxx
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
15 Watt Laney Hardcore MX
Zoom 606 Multi-Effects Pedal
Tanglewood Rebel 4K [SELLING]
Aria Acoustic

Quote by sock_demon
I like John Petrucci

He plays in Dream Theater.

He kills people.
you can get a Steinberger spirit or Hohner GT3 for prolly under 300 pounds. They both have locking tremolos and stay in tune almost forever. They are however headless instruments, and the cost of strings is decently higher.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by Rockmania
ibikinz want my bum

we do it in the ELC at school during our frees

xxx

SHHHH!

It's OUR secreat :P
You can get a wicked floyed guitar, for 300-400$ used in a pawnshop
just bring someone that knows his gear along to make sure the guitar's worth the price.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!