a schecter stiletto elite 5
in the U.K!

there's only one dealer listed on the schecter website and they dont have any 5's

any help?

thanks x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
where in the uk are you? if you phone soundcontrol and ask they might get one in for you to your closest store.
Yes, like Sam said, Sound Control is the place. Although I definetely would ring because when I went they were out of stock of a lot of Schecter basses including the Elite and Custom.
signature
Ugh, Soundcontrol, I've heard nothing but bad things about their customer service and the like.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Ugh, Soundcontrol, I've heard nothing but bad things about their customer service and the like.
I always find Sound Control pretty good. I've spent hours and hours in the Soton one trying stuff and they've always been good to me.

It's definitely the best place to go to try that Schecter. I've seen that bass in the Soton and Bristol ones.
Last edited by smb at Feb 12, 2008,
Theyre nice when youre over 18.

If youre under 18 they tend not to let you near much stuff.

My local soundcontrol has a shockingly awful collection of basses.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
there are ALWAYS those basses in our Soundcontrol, and everyones sound in there apart from the manager who tries to sell you everything and thinks everyone is a complete idiot

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Agreed with the being over 18 thing. But you've got to see from their perspective, would you really let a bunch of kids in slipknot and MCR t shirts go play your products knowing that they wouldn't buy them?

Anyway, I've never had any problems with them, I'm not over 18, but I just about look it. And not going with your friends helps too. I've always found them to be very helpful (not that they really tell me anything I haven't read on a forum before) and they let me try all the stuff.
Is soundcontrol like the british version of Guitar Center? I have had nothing but bad service in any guit store I have ever been to, the workers there are usually arrogent, and treat me terribly.

As for the OP, you may be forced into online services. I reccomend you check on Ebay for deals.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I don't know about the age thing. I only moved near one when I started uni so I was 19. They don't bother me if I come in and start trying stuff. They're the best shop for PA stuff, electric drumkits and synths, and are pretty good for everything else.
Agreed with the being over 18 thing. But you've got to see from their perspective, would you really let a bunch of kids in slipknot and MCR t shirts go play your products knowing that they wouldn't buy them?

well im 15,
i would never wear a slipknot or mcr t-shirt even if i had no other clothes
and probably would buy it after i had played it

so...
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Sam_L
where in the uk are you? if you phone soundcontrol and ask they might get one in for you to your closest store.

im in southport, its a town just north of Liverpool in the north west of the uk.

the only soundcontrol listed is in glasgow....

im not travelling thta far lol :P
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by thedonutman

well im 15,
i would never wear a slipknot or mcr t-shirt even if i had no other clothes
and probably would buy it after i had played it

so...

Yes, I'm the same age as you, but before the Sound Control in Sheffield Centre closed down, I'd see loads of kids(wearing the aforementioned MCR T shirts) go in play guitars for a while, showing off to their friends and then leave. And the guys there got very frustrated about this.

I was just making a generalisation in order to make my point more effective, no need for anyone to take it seriously
Quote by shinhoman
im in southport, its a town just north of Liverpool in the north west of the uk.

the only soundcontrol listed is in glasgow....

im not travelling thta far lol :P

No, have a look: http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.4/pages/index.php

There's two in Manchester and one in Preston. Surely not too far from where you live. I used to visit Southport and I lived 30 mins away from Manchester.
signature
Quote by thedonutman

Yes, I'm the same age as you, but before the Sound Control in Sheffield Centre closed down, I'd see loads of kids(wearing the aforementioned MCR T shirts) go in play guitars for a while, showing off to their friends and then leave. And the guys there got very frustrated about this.

I was just making a generalisation in order to make my point more effective, no need for anyone to take it seriously

The guys in Soundcontrol on City Road are pretty cool. They don't seem to mind you going in and playing the guitars and basses as long as you're careful with them and don't damage them or anything.