I want passive pickups, to put in a Strat. Either two or three, the neck and bridge are what really matter. I want the brigde to be a humbucker, and to cover that Van Halen/Page hard rock tone, and warm cleans. I was thinking a Gibson 57 PAF. I don't care what type the neck is, if it covers that Slash tone, and can do decent blues. If I put in a middle pickup, I want it to be different from the other two, and preferably be a single coil, for blues and cleans. I don't know how much I can spend here, as I'm planning out a heavily modded Strat, then saving up to buy an MIJ off ebay and make the mods. But don't make it tons, please. And by the way, I don't care what brand they are, and they can be different brands. Please don't include a middle pup if I don't need one. So far, I'm thinking Gibson 57 PAF for the bridge, maybe an SD Jazz for the middle, and an SD Alnico V(whichever one Slash uses, I love that tone) for the neck. Thanks!
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by mydogpoops
I want passive pickups, to put in a Strat. Either two or three, the neck and bridge are what really matter. I want the brigde to be a humbucker, and to cover that Van Halen/Page hard rock tone, and warm cleans. I was thinking a Gibson 57 PAF. I don't care what type the neck is, if it covers that Slash tone, and can do decent blues. If I put in a middle pickup, I want it to be different from the other two, and preferably be a single coil, for blues and cleans. I don't know how much I can spend here, as I'm planning out a heavily modded Strat, then saving up to buy an MIJ off ebay and make the mods. But don't make it tons, please. And by the way, I don't care what brand they are, and they can be different brands. Please don't include a middle pup if I don't need one. So far, I'm thinking Gibson 57 PAF for the bridge, maybe an SD Jazz for the middle, and an SD Alnico V(whichever one Slash uses, I love that tone) for the neck. Thanks!

What amp do you have? If your amp is sup par then the pickup change won't make much of a difference.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I have a Crate Palomino, but I'm also saving for Marshall JCM 800 combo from ebay. BTW, I'll probably be buying all of this this fall/early winter, I just want it all planned out, I don't wanna decide at the last minute.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by mydogpoops
I have a Crate Palomino, but I'm also saving for Marshall JCM 800 combo from ebay. BTW, I'll probably be buying all of this this fall/early winter, I just want it all planned out, I don't wanna decide at the last minute.

Ah, good man. I'm not too great with pickups, but Bare Knuckle pickups are VERY highly regarded on here you should check them out. Also Gibson pickups are typically thought of as overpriced, so you might want to stay away from them.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
for the bridge, anything with "hot paf" in the description should be cool, i'd have thought. obviously some will be better than others, though.

middle, yeah, might as well go single coil. i hear good things about stephens designs, but haven't tried them. high order or bg pickups might be worth a look too (again, heard good things, not tried).

neck, slash used an alnico II pro, but again anything smooth and warm with an alnico II magnet and low power should get you close.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A Seymour Duncan Custom Custom should fit the bill nicely in the bridge. I honestly wouldn't bother chasing a Slash tone with the neck pickup, you can't make a Strat sound like a Les Paul.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
for the neck i would look into bg pickups (dave mentioned them). i have a set of the vintage 60's and they are fantastic. you may want to try the phatty sc, its a more beefy single coil so it will probably be able to get you closer to that 'bucker sound while still being good for bluesy stuff. wont break the bank either.

dont know how his 'buckers are, but i would assume that they sound great as well. not as cheap as the singles, but still not gonna break the bank.
Quote by mydogpoops
I was thinking a Gibson 57 PAF.

Hopefully you mean a 57 Classic or (preferably) a Burstbucker of some sort or (more preferably) a Burstbucker Pro. A '57 PAF will cost you a couple thousand bucks.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Ok. Thanks. Also, as a less-awesome but cheaper alternitive, I was thinking about putting SD Alnico II's in my Epi LP, and getting a Tobaccoburst paint job(its currently ebony, which is awesome, but I like the bursts more). Would that get the EVH/Slash/blues tones I need better than the modded Strat?
Quote by darkstar2466

yes, that would make a lot more sense.

It still won't give you the tones you want though, that's entirely dependent on the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, I know. Any more opinions?
Quote by darkstar2466