yeah they have been around the block and they started a whole new genre of rock, but are they really the Founding Fathers of this great metal Nation??

If not, then who is

Lemme know
perhaps.......
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
i say that ozzy is the father of metal. mabey not the best of it but the father for sure
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
Oh god.

Is stupid infectious?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
No
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
no. Black Sabbath is
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by guitarplayer94
i say that ozzy is the father of metal. mabey not the best of it but the father for sure

ozzy got lucky was in the right band at the right time, iommi is the father of all that is metal.
In short, no.
Founding fathers? Sabbath
Greatest band? Nile
These are just my opinions, and that's all anything really is, opinions, so just settle on your own
ohai little sig.
metal as a whole? no
Tony Iommi invented metal
however, Metallica is definately the leaders in thrash, and in my opinion are in the "Foursome of Fast"
Metallica
Slayer
Anthrax
Megadeth
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
maybe the founders of thrash metal, definately not metal in general

that would have to go to black sabbath
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Quote by the_axis
maybe the founders of thrash metal, definately not metal in general

that would have to go to black sabbath

they wernt even the founders, they were just responsible for bringing thrash mainsteam
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
metallica is so overrated its sick.
good songs: master of puppets, enter sandman (actually don't even like this song, but its fun to drink to)

they've been around for so damn long, but their creative fountain is dry. St. Anger? seriously guys. i think linkin park is more musically talented than this band.

(linkin park sucks too)
Waaah You are all stupid arguing over this stupid ****. For god's sake. It's like asking who the first true musician was... but since music has been around for thousands of years... you cant really say anything..
Last edited by James_Het_Rules at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Waaah You are all stupid arguing over this stupid ****. For god's sake. It's like asking who the first true musician was... but since music has been around for thousands of years... you cant really say anything..

just because noone knows doesnt mean we cant talk about it.
I like Metallica, but god damn, it's topics like these that make me want to shy away from them. They're not even the best thrash band. Everything you like about them (heavy riffs, speed, lyrics, song structure, whatever) was done much better by plenty of bands at the time. There is no real big 4, just the 4 most easily accessible and overrated thrash bands in history.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Oh god.

Is stupid infectious?

It must be... it just keeps spreading. Halp us lawd.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Oh god.

Is stupid infectious?

I sure as hell hope it isn't.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
fcuk no and **** metallica. ozzy is the father of metal bkack sabbath started the entire genre
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
George bush and Richard Nixon are to the best presidents as Metallica and Black Sabbath are to the best metal bands.

Sorry for terrible grammar.

And who cares who was the founding father. Someone on here once said something like "well if you like cake, does that mean you have to love yeast?"
Quote by technicolour
George bush and Richard Nixon are to the best presidents as Metallica and Black Sabbath are to the best metal bands.

Sorry for terrible grammar.

And who cares who was the founding father. Someone on here once said something like "well if you like cake, does that mean you have to love yeast?"

Wait, maybe George Bush is the founder of metal!
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Sicko 21X7
yeah they have been around the block and they started a whole new genre of rock, but are they really the Founding Fathers of this great metal Nation??

If not, then who is

Lemme know

the are the best and no one will ever play as good as them or slayer or pantera
Nope
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by Cafas
I like Metallica, but god damn, it's topics like these that make me want to shy away from them. They're not even the best thrash band. Everything you like about them (heavy riffs, speed, lyrics, song structure, whatever) was done much better by plenty of bands at the time. There is no real big 4, just the 4 most easily accessible and overrated thrash bands in history.

QFT.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.