Why don't they make sockets in guitar, in which you could put in and take out a pickup without problems? Like a socket with connections in which you would slide in the pickups and they would connect. That way you could exchange pickups in the middle of a gig to achieve some special tone, or whatever.
How didn't anyone think about it earlier ?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'm pretty sure it exists

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
I'm pretty sure it exists

can you show us a guitar with that feature, cause I've never seen one...
yeh that would be sweet but like noxio im sure it exists somewhere search it on ebay or something or just ask a guy at some guitar store...
Do u have a metal spine?
Quote by Demonikk
Sounds like someone's been playing too much Lego

ROFL!
Because a lot of people don't want pickups potentially falling out mid song, and they wan't to be able to adjust the height of the pickups?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
OR... you could do what every established guitarists does and just have different kinds of guitars.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It's a cool idea but whether it sounds as good as traditionally wired pups is another matter.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Dan Armstrong Ampeg Plexiglass guitar.

Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Emgs have sort of yout idea, but your expanding on it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Its not terribly practical for gig use. You would have to unstring the guitar to switch the pickups out, and then restring it and tune it up, and that's time that you're not playing. So while you wouldn't have to deal with unscrewing the pick-guard and soldering, there are too many other things that get in the way. Its easier to just purchase a second guitar than it is to ask your crowd to wait an extra ten minutes between songs while you fiddle with your gear.
Quote by Sid McCall
Dan Armstrong Ampeg Plexiglass guitar.

Damn modern age in which every possible invention has been done and you can't get rich by thinking about some cool thing .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

there's also another thing I've heard about, the owner of my local guitar store said that he knew someone who had a guitar that had the pickups basically clipped onto rails and you could move it closer to the neck/further away. You could also just switch out the pickups being used by undoing the clip of the one on the guitar and clipping the new one in but they had to be modified beforehand (obviously).

but he could just be bull****ting me.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^ It's the Gibson Grabber, Gripper, or Ripper bass. I forget which, but Mike Dirnt used to play one.

Quote by urik
Damn modern age in which every possible invention has been done and you can't get rich by thinking about some cool thing .

That thing's been around since at least the 80s, maybe even the 70s. My friend's dad used to play one back in the day when he was borderline famous.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yeah well. Should I delete the thread or leave it here?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||