setting up an event to raise money for a music foundation

im thinking of like a concert with a few bands playing (including mine) or like a battle of the bands and sending all the money to a music charity..

I want to do this for my senior thesis project...

so how should i go about this..
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Music charity? What do they do with the money? Buy guitars for poor kids?

ya somthing like that
read the last couple Guitargasm! stories in the UG column section. nuff said.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Firstly go find some sort of place to do it. Maybe a high school gym when nothing is going on or something of that sort.

Secondly, find some people to play. Make some advertisements and put them around town. Maybe in a newspaper or something.

Thirdly, just go do it!

You'd probably want some sort of concessions. $5 admission or something.
Book a venue. Get a band who are willing to put on a show. You'll have to raise money to pay for sound, lighting, promotion and venue costs. You'll have to do a health and safety check. Promote the gig, print out tickets, sell tickets. Then play the show.

On the music side, you have to make sure that you've selected songs that your audience will like and will bring in a crowd. Rehearse them until they're perfect. Then play the show.

The most difficult thing is the logistics of it. It takes a lot of time to organise this sort of thing (as I know from my current Music BTEC project), you can't just turn up and play. You'll have to be very professional and make sure that everything is well set up, especially sound and lighting.
Quote by SmarterChild
Book a venue. Get a band who are willing to put on a show. You'll have to raise money to pay for sound, lighting, promotion and venue costs. You'll have to do a health and safety check. Promote the gig, print out tickets, sell tickets. Then play the show.

On the music side, you have to make sure that you've selected songs that your audience will like and will bring in a crowd. Rehearse them until they're perfect. Then play the show.

The most difficult thing is the logistics of it. It takes a lot of time to organise this sort of thing (as I know from my current Music BTEC project), you can't just turn up and play. You'll have to be very professional and make sure that everything is well set up, especially sound and lighting.

whats the health and saftey check about?
1. Find out if you can advertise/play concert at school.
2. Get bands who will play for you.
3. Get your band and the other bands to advertise at school.
4. Collect money at the door.
5. Play concert.
6. You win.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
try selling lemonade...much better than concerts...or sell your body to fat 40 year old guys...it works, I've tried.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by PissedOffGerman
whats the health and saftey check about?

Health and Safety.

You'll have to do a risk assessment, especially if there's an audience. You'll have to work out all the risks and then minimise them. So all lighting has to be completely safe, all the electronics will have to be safe and PAT tested, cables on the floor will need to be taped to the floor, you'll need fire exits and if there's strobe lights you'll need to warn the audience. It's a big job.
Quote by HuckIt
try selling lemonade...much better than concerts...or sell your body to fat 40 year old guys...it works, I've tried.

you're not funny
Airband competition

there's one at my high school every year. charge 10 bucks for each band member, 5 bucks to get in, and give out a 200 dollar prize to the winning band. we calculated out how much the group that put it on made, and it was freaking 2500 bucks! try something like that.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone