So I'm pretty into speed metal/power metal/metalcore like stuff, and among other bands i really like dethklok. I know dethklok does a whole lot of different genres, but does anyone know some other bands that are similar to them. I like dethklok but i also was hoping that there are some real bands that sound like them. any ideas or suggestions?
I've listened to death metal, and I have yet to find a band that sounds like dethklok. I know there probably are some. I think of dethkloks overall style as a fusion between death metal and melodic and/or power metal. I'm not looking for a general similar genre. thanks though
Cannibal Corpse...the singer which Nathan Explosion is based off of, if i'm not mistaken.

Anyways, you should just go to the right thread (Metal Recommendation Thread).
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Try posting this in the "Metal Recommendation Thread" in the metal forum. They're usually very helpful with things like this.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
also, your looking for melodic death, not any other kind. Try Arch Enemy, they are somewhat similar.
Up the Punx!
Dying Feotus, they're definitely the best bet. Go to the metal forum, the first sticky is a recommendation thread, read.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Try... In Flames, Soilwork, At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy

^^ Those are the five really big melodic death bands.

Then start looking into the small guys. You could also try like deathcore, like All Shall Perish.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,