Hey!

I have a big decision to make... I'm been looking for one or two really great distortion boxes to satisfie my distortion needs for both basic rock and metal. I'm willing to bay well for it but another thought hit me the other day... a NEW AMP!

I've found a good price for an Engl Screamer 50 combo and it seems like a really great amp but I have yet to try it. I think that it could suit me really well with both clean and distortion but I really dont know what to do since it's still a lot of money for a new amp.

Should I....

A1: Buy new amp and keep old one(Fender HotRod) too so I can work with different main sounds.

A2: Sell current amp and buy new...

B: Invest less money in one or two great distortion boxes like, BJF/Mad Proffessor, Wampler(indyguitarist) Fulltone, Xotic or whatever else I find that cost $150 or more?
They will give me great tones but maybe still not that really amplike distortion.

C: Other option/advices?

I know it's in the end up to me but it's always good to hear what people think...

Thankfull for all anwers!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Feb 12, 2008,
Consider looking into some Traynor products. The YCV50 does hard rock extremely well and is capable of metal with an OD out front. The YCS100 takes the cake as the most versatile of their products (it'll do everything from squeaky clean to high gain) but is a head and will require a cab.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Hey this is in response to your request on my thread.
ENGL Screamers are pretty versatile amps they can do anything from jazz to metal really. The 6L6s mean that the amp isn't ever going to sound very british if that's what you're looking for but they still sound good.
Unfortunatly i dont have any clips to upload or to link you to, but there are plenty around on the net if you google it.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
you who read this should help me with some of your advice for the good of mankind...!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Buy a new amp, Hot Rods aren't really designed for distorted tones, it's cleans they excel at.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Keep your old amp too. You'll need it. You can use it for different uses. I regret selling a lot of **** ive sold.