Argh. I just got a letter in the mail saying I was speeding (doing 38 in a 30 zone) on the 9th. I looked at google maps, and I got caught at literally the end of the 30 zone, just before where it comes off onto the national speed limit.

Now, I would be fine with this otherwise, but I was literally about 20 metres away from the end of the 30 zone. I had passed through the traffic lights at 30, and then sped up, as I only have a little 125 vespa, and it takes an age to get up to any kind of decent speed.

What I want to know, is there any way I can contest his ticket? Seeing how I sill havent got my full licence, and I'm 18, so my insurance would probably rocket up...
Why are you driving if you have no license.

And yes you can contest it.. you have to go to court before a judge though.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
So, basically your defence against it was that you'd been accelarating past 30 for quite some time before you got caught?
I'm sure that makes it all better.
If you want speeding ticket help, don't speed. I have never, in my 5 years of driving (yes I know so long...), gotten a speeding ticket. Don't speed, simple as that. Speed limits are in place for a reason, people are not smart enough to know when to go fast and when to go slow.

Pay the ticket, if you contest you will just look like an ass trying to get out of paying a small fine.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by nebiru
Why are you driving if you have no license.
Provisional licence?

If you were in a 30 doing over 30 your breaking the law, it doesnt matter how close to the end of the 30 zone you were when you got caught. Yes speed limits suck but theres nothing you can do about it, you chose to break the law.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
The law states you cannot go to the next posted speed limit, until you've reached it. Technically, you're at fault.
Check if there's a date on your ticket. My mum got a ticket but I noticed there wasn't a date on it to show when it had been given. When the council rang her about not paying it she didn't have to pay because there wasn't a date on it so therefore no time limit to pay because there wasn't a date for it to start.

It's rare but it happens.
Quote by Absent Mind
Provisional licence?

If you were in a 30 doing over 30 your breaking the law, it doesnt matter how close to the end of the 30 zone you were when you got caught. Yes speed limits suck but theres nothing you can do about it, you chose to break the law.

EH? Provisional? Is that like a limited area license? I got a learners permit and then my license.
In England you get a provisional licence before your full licence, for cars it means you can drive as long as you have some one in the car over 21 that has been driving for over 3 years (and you must be insured on the car) Its probably quite like a learners permit.

I'm not sure what the rules are for bikes, but you can learn to drive a moped from 16 unacompanied I think...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
In England you get a provisional licence before your full licence, for cars it means you can drive as long as you have some one in the car over 21 that has been driving for over 3 years (and you must be insured on the car) Its probably quite like a learners permit.

I'm not sure what the rules are for bikes, but you can learn to drive a moped from 16 unacompanied I think...

Yeah, thats basically a learners permit here.
You can't challenge a speeding ticket, if the camera caught you, they'll badger you until you cough up. It's awful. But, if there were policemen manning a camera, maybe you would have been okay, they'll often be lenient.

Bad luck, that's £60 and three points.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i just got one for going 54 in a 25! i was being a ****en idoit and i got a $191 ticket im 17 its going to kill my insurance! im suprised my dad hasnt kicked my ass! cops suck ass!
Quote by axendency_101
i just got one for going 54 in a 25! i was being a ****en idoit and i got a $191 ticket im 17 its going to kill my insurance! im suprised my dad hasnt kicked my ass! cops suck ass!

Actually, you suck ass.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything you can do. You were over 30 in a place you shouldn't be over 30. It's quite simple.
Quote by SmarterChild
Actually, you suck ass.

Exactly. "I was completely disregarding the law and a cop caught me and issued me a fair punishment! What an asshole!" Grow up.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Exactly. "I was completely disregarding the law and a cop caught me and issued me a fair punishment! What an asshole!" Grow up.

What what what!?! It is obvious the cop was in the wrong. Ticketing a fine gentlemen like that for going just a tad over the speed limit. I mean have restrictions on the speed you can drive is stupid, it doesn't promote safety of others or anything.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Argh. I just got a letter in the mail saying I was speeding (doing 38 in a 30 zone) on the 9th. I looked at google maps, and I got caught at literally the end of the 30 zone, just before where it comes off onto the national speed limit.

Now, I would be fine with this otherwise, but I was literally about 20 metres away from the end of the 30 zone. I had passed through the traffic lights at 30, and then sped up, as I only have a little 125 vespa, and it takes an age to get up to any kind of decent speed.

What I want to know, is there any way I can contest his ticket? Seeing how I sill havent got my full licence, and I'm 18, so my insurance would probably rocket up...

I saw this trick on here a while ago.

Print off a letter to the counsil asking for photographic evidence that it was you driving the car because youw er eon a journey with some mates and taking turns behind the wheel, so you dont know who was driving at the point you got caught. DONT SEND IT IN.

wait for them to send you a reminder you have to pay, then send back a letter with a photocopy of the first letter, saying that you'd sent that letter to them a while ago and sound abit annoyed that they've failed to write back and are now claiming not paying is your fault. Unless that have a photo of the drivers face, they cannot prove who was driving so cannot issue a ticket.

Not sure how legally sound that is but ive ehard it somewhere.

and speeding is bad dont do it again!
Quote by the bartender
^ this man knows his stuff.
Quote by umop-3p!sdn

You do realise that you can't increase your speed until you've passed the sign, not before?

It pays to ask to see the photo (assuming it was a camera) to see if there are other vehicles in the frame or whether they can even produce the photo. Otherwise, it sounds like you acknowledge you were speeding, tough luck, you shouldn't have been speeding.
Quote by i have to pee
If you want speeding ticket help, don't speed. I have never, in my 5 years of driving (yes I know so long...), gotten a speeding ticket. Don't speed, simple as that. Speed limits are in place for a reason, people are not smart enough to know when to go fast and when to go slow.

Pay the ticket, if you contest you will just look like an ass trying to get out of paying a small fine.

You sound like my dad when i got my first ticket
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
No. If you were 20 metres away from the national speed limit, you're still 20 metres away.
hue
Quote by Kiwi Ace
You do realise that you can't increase your speed until you've passed the sign, not before?

It pays to ask to see the photo (assuming it was a camera) to see if there are other vehicles in the frame or whether they can even produce the photo. Otherwise, it sounds like you acknowledge you were speeding, tough luck, you shouldn't have been speeding.

If they can't produce the photo, does that mean they have no grounds for a prosecution?
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
If they can't produce the photo, does that mean they have no grounds for a prosecution?

That's right. Ask them for it and there's a slight chance they might not be able to provide evidence of the offence. It's a real slim chance, but you've nothing to lose by trying it.

EDIT: There's also some loophole people have used involving the date of the offense, and the date you recieve the NIP. They have a certain amount of days to notify you, about 3 weeks I think. So check the dates too.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Last edited by Vince Noir at Feb 12, 2008,
You were still within the 30 limit zone, and that's not going to hold up in court.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices