as the title says. mostly core. not to hard.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Feb 12, 2008,
Most metalcore bands play in Drop-C
All That Remains play in D standard
Very few modern metal bands play in E standard, I can't think of any off the top of my head
ohai little sig.
hmmm...it may be a bit too heavy..but trivium play some songs in standard tuning i think..
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Yeah most Metalcore bands play between Drop C and Drop D.

Dunno, some acoustic interludes may have been played in Standard?

In terms of just straight ahead metal, there's loads of that. Iron Maiden, Pantera, Metallica...nearly all the classic metal bands worked (mostly) in E Standard.

Are you just interested or are you actually just wanting for something to play? Cause it isn't really that difficult to tune to Drop D, and then you can play everything from screamo/metal to (some) metalcore.
well lamb of god plays some songs in D.

*edit* DROP D
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
I think the closest you're gonna get to E standard in modern metal is E flat. Iced Earth and Nevermore are mostly E flat. D standard is another popular one. Demons & Wizards play there a lot; so does, i believe, Ensiferum. Metalcore is just about exclusively in drop C.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Quote by Hoodoo Child
hmmm...it may be a bit too heavy..but trivium play some songs in standard tuning i think..

Most of the Ember to inforno album was in standard

Early Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and other Thrash bands,

I also think that Shadows Fall have some songs in stanadard
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Hoodoo Child

I think they mainly worked in Drop D, except from some of the stuff of The Crusade which was mainly on standard 7 strings (I think, I'm not a huge fan).

Besides they weren't THAT metalcore to begin with and The Crusade was much more "normal" metal.

Just thinking though, did Atreyu work in standard for any of their new album? Cause it was a bit less chuggy than before. Then again you can argue that they've also "done a Trivium" and stopped being metalcore.

Sorry 'bout the double post.
Drop D is also OK. I'm asking since I just got a Ibanez S470 (and I love it). Even if it is a little pain I think I can set it to Drop D.

Å

and to awnser Heaven or Hell: yeah I want to play the songs. just can't think of any good band in E Standard/Drop D.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Feb 12, 2008,
yeah Drop D is easy. i switch between standard and drop d all the time
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Unless you're playing to a backing track, anything in D, or even C, standard can be played in E standard.

D standard --> E standard = easily recognisable.
R E G G A E