I have the chance to get a Mesa Boogie Mark III. The guy wants 700$(5000 Kr) but I thing I still can press it a little bit. Right now I play mostly Rage Against The Machine but I want it to be able to handle Metalcore like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, Groove-Metal like Lamb of God and Thrash Metal (Pantera, Metallica). Is it any good and is it a good deal or a bad. Also I can't test it because the guy lifes a 4 hour drive away from me.

Edit: Else tell me some good alternatives that will cover everything i want to play. Clean tone doesn't realy matter. I will most likely go used.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by Demonikk
Price = good
Calling LOG metalcore = bad

Sorry about that. I think too LoG isn't Core but I didn't wanted to start a discusion about it if I call LoG Groove-Metal.

Also I forgot to say that it is the version withouy a graf eq.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Feb 12, 2008,
anyone?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
if you're not gunna go clean, then sure, it's a good deal. If you were gunna use cleans, i'd say wait to get the graphic EQ one, cuz that would allow you to set a clean tone with the regular EQ, and add or remove certain frequencies with the graphic EQ.
Quote by Demonikk
Price = good
Calling LOG metalcore = bad

They are metalcore... admit it.
Considering Mesa prices in Europe, it's a good deal.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
They are metalcore... admit it.
Considering Mesa prices in Europe, it's a good deal.

I don't really think so. They lack breakdowns and the clean vocal passages that are stereotypical of the Metalcore genre.

As for the Mesa for 700 bucks. I'd totally jump on that. I would love to have a Mark III to play around with. The lead channels on the Mark series amplifiers are to die for.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The amp is also only 50 watts. Just figured I would point that out...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
The amp is also only 50 watts. Just figured I would point that out...

Only 50 watts??

I was just saying in another thread how my Mark IV on the 30 watt setting is loud enough for band practice with the master at 2 and channel volume at 6..
For me and my band practices, 50watts distorts on clean channels. I need at least the Mark IV on full power (85watts) headroom. Not that it matters with my mark, the channel switcher is broken.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I was able to press him down to ca. 570$ so I will try to get it. wish me luck that I got the money together on time.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
have the deal setled for the mesa 535$ + shipping. just need a extern tranformator and a cab. anyone can recomend a tranformator that transformes from 230 V (european standard) to 110 V (american standard) ?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2