Recently whenever I turn on my 112 Valveking I get really loud static. I've narrowed it down to the amp because it happens when nothing is plugged into it. At first it went away when I unplugged the footswitch but that doesn't happen anymore. I'm sure that the plug I'm using is grounded correctly and I don't think the problem is with the tubes because it's a fairly new amp. Anyone know what's wrong or what I could do to fix it?
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Your tubes might be microphonic. It's a new amp, but stuff happens.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I just noticed that part of the tubes is glowing blue/purple, is that normal?
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah
Quote by ibanezrg350ex
I just noticed that part of the tubes is glowing blue/purple, is that normal?

It's not uncommon for power tubes to glow blue and/or purple. If it's the preamp tubes, then you have a problem.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
^^Okay thats good to know.

Anyone know whats causing the static?
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah
is the reverb up?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
is the reverb up?

I normally have it on 3-4, but the static is still there when it's turned right down.
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah
Quote by ibanezrg350ex
I normally have it on 3-4, but the static is still there when it's turned right down.

Like I said before, check for microphonic tubes.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I know it's completely irrelevant but I just want to let you know that I read that as "Stick In My Valveking." Continue.
Sounds like you have the exact same problem as i do with my valve king, it's a few days old as they sent me a replacement and i have bearly used it at all.
I had the same problem and I discovered one of my tubes was blown, so i replaced them like for like, but JJ's and I still get the static.

So what's the solution for microphonic tubes?
I have this problem fixed now, it was just a blown tube. I brought it back to where I purchased it and they fixed it for free.
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah
My valveking does the same thing sometimes, but i do wanna get new tubes so would that help? and what tubes would help a heavier sound?