J R Tolkien are sueing New Line Cinema for not paying them royalties for the LotR films, which may result in termination of the production of the film, as they'll take the rights away.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/12022008/5/hobbit-jeopardy-tolkien-estate-sues-new-line-0.html

I think it's lols-tastic. I bet a lot of fans will be disapointed if it happens.
Last edited by Gaz_m2k5 at Feb 12, 2008,
who cares..not i
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
damn, i hope they get that fixed, i was really looking forward to those.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
J R Tolkien are sueing New Line Cinema for not paying them royalties for the LotR films, which may result in termination of the production of the film, as they'll take the rights away.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/12022008/5/hobbit-jeopardy-tolkien-estate-sues-new-line-0.html

I think it's lols-tastic. I bet a lot of fans will be disapointed if it happens.

Tolkien estate, seeing as how J R R Tolkien died a while back.

As far as the movie is concerned, I am sure it will be equally disappointing as the LotR series. Books are not meant to be movies, at least not 2 hours ones. An 8 hour movie based on a book might do it justice, but probably not even then.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Um. The 50 year copyright on Tolkien's work has expired by now. I assume his estate has renewed this somehow (don't ask me how, I dunno how it works). But they should shut up really.
Quote by i have to pee

As far as the movie is concerned, I am sure it will be equally disappointing as the LotR series. Books are not meant to be movies, at least not 2 hours ones. An 8 hour movie based on a book might do it justice, but probably not even then.

Well the LotR movies are pretty damn long.
I never did like the series. I only have the films running in the background whilst I do something else for any action scenes. I tried reading the hobbit once, I think I was a bit too young and found it boring. Although I'm not one to read.
Quote by i have to pee

Thank you for clarifying... I was going to ask.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
^yeah I really would like to see it if it was possible, but really I just don't think they would do the book justice. I mean I've read it at least ten times, it's one of my top five books ever so I think that without an eight hour movie, it would almost be pointless to go see it because it would be chopped
I really hope this gets taken care of in the right way, Whatever it happens to be. The Hobbit's my favorite book of all of Tolkien's works, and I'd love to see it done accurately...even if it takes 2 or 3 movies to pull it off.

When I read it the first time when I was in 7th grade, I went from the last sentence of the last page right back to page one for another run through.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Well, just so you all know they're apparently planning 2 movies based on The Hobbit.

However, Jackson will only be Executive producer for the first one, which I wholeheartedly feel will be terrible without Jackson.