Alright so I've been out of math/science for a semester now. I need to find a scale for something. It says the scaled distance for a model solar system is 15ft from the Sun to Pluto, while the actual distance is 5,913,000,000 km. So to get a scale (kilometers per 1 foot) would I just take the large distance divided by 15? Danke schon
First, both distances have to be in the same unit of measurement.

Then the scale is 1 : real_distance/scaled_distance
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by k-log
Alright so I've been out of math/science for a semester now. I need to find a scale for something. It says the scaled distance for a model solar system is 15ft from the Sun to Pluto, while the actual distance is 5,913,000,000 km. So to get a scale (kilometers per 1 foot) would I just take the large distance divided by 15? Danke schon

hæ?
Quote by k-log

Yes.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Fallenblood
No need for that, he said "kilometers per 1 foot".

It'd be alot easier to convert so you have say 1km = xCm or something like that. Just makes life easier instead of dealing with two different measurement systems.
Quote by aceshigh16
well if u want kilometers per foot then its 1 foot = 394200000km

uhhh you drastically screwed something up there.

1 mile = 1.609 kilometers

and if 1 mile = 1 mile = 5280 feet

how can that possibly even be somewhat accurate or were you just messing with him?
Quote by Fallenblood
No need for that, he said "kilometers per 1 foot".

Scales are typically made within the same unit of measurement.

Calculating feet per kilometers is impractical and confusing to anyone who's not used to both units.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by k-log

If you use SI-units you won't ever have that wierd problem. And why would you want km/foot?! That is wierd! You would want to have it in foot/km.