Hey I have a 30W tube amp, and I just got a bad monkey thinking it would sound pretty cool, and I guess it does, but it doesn't seem like it sounds much different than the distortion channel with like about a 1/3 gain. Am I doing something wrong or... what's going on here
What amp is it?

Bad Monkey is pretty ugly anyway tbh, okay for solid states at low volume I spose.
try boosting your overdrive channel with it, gain on the pedal down, level on the pedal up.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
your supposed to use that bad monkey on the overdrive channel to tighten up and refine the gain
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by kazza2ud
Hey I have a 30W tube amp, and I just got a bad monkey thinking it would sound pretty cool, and I guess it does, but it doesn't seem like it sounds much different than the distortion channel with like about a 1/3 gain. Am I doing something wrong or... what's going on here

Sounds like your running the bad monkey as a distortion pedal instead of a overdrive pedal. The pedal is made to boost your gain that you already have coming out of your amp its not a stand alone distortion pedal.
ya i tried turning the gain on the pedal down and just comparing it to my clean channel, and now i can notice a difference. it def does sound cooler than the clean channel, even with no gain. I'll try boosting the level up to max and keeping the gain low like someone suggested.

And yes I was comparing the pedal with gain on max to no pedal and the amp's gain up, cuz my initial thought was I would use it for like classic rock, stuff where I need some distortion but not a lot.

I'm beginning to like it more after playing around with it a bit, although I'm still finding it's effects a bit elusive.
It's an overdrive. Turn the gain down, the volume up, and run it in front of the lead channel.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
should i put it before or after other pedals. i have a heavy metal distortion pedal too
Quote by kazza2ud
should i put it before or after other pedals. i have a heavy metal distortion pedal too

Depends on what they are, how you have them set, and what amp you're using.

Sometimes when you run an OD into a distortion pedal (say a good one, tube driven, the works) for leads or a bit heavier of a rhythm it can sound better.

Sometimes you'll find that running an overdrive and distortion pedal will cause hiss and hum beyond belief, excessive feedback, ultra spikey tone, extremly high and piercing tone...an overall mess.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
ya when I run the OD into the distortion pedal I definitely get a significant amount of hiss, but it's not too bad. I'll play around with it after i fail some med school tests