Page 1 of 3
F#0 is rumoured to be the note that causes orgasm yes
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
f# is the note 0 is the octave

to put it into perspective a bass is tuned to E1 and a guitar to E2, middle C is C4
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
f# is the note 0 is the octave

to put it into perspective a bass is tuned to E1 and a guitar to E2, middle C is C4

English please?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
English please?

The fact that you're from Israel and said that made me lul

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by Guitar0player
English please?

What's complicated about that?

F#0

F# = The Note.

0 = The octave.
Quote by Guitar0player
English please?

i doubt that the helpful poster above can make it much simpler.

0 = very low octave. and 1 would be an octave higher, and so on. make any sense?
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
So according to this theory bands like Rage Against The Machine are bound to leave the ladies dripping with pleasure?
'Cause I happen to know that Tom Morello is a sucker for F#
Quote by Guitar0player
English please?

it's that simple, if you don't understand that F# is a note and 0 (the number zero) is the octave in which that note is played then i pity you and any band you're in. music theory doesn't get much easier than that.

Quote by shwilly
So according to this theory bands like Rage Against The Machine are bound to leave the ladies dripping with pleasure?
'Cause I happen to know that Tom Morello is a sucker for F#

tom morello is about 2 octaves too high

timmy c might be able to pull it off because he's an octave lower and then uses a subharmonic generator to create tones an octave lower again.

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Would'nt a downtuned 5-string bass work?
Last edited by Tallmannen at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by Tallmannen
Would'nt a downtuned 5-string bass work? :P

yes providing you can keep enough tension on the B string to make an audible note
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by Anti-bucket
Would a Warwick Vampyre bass work then? Its tuned F# B E A as far as I know.

That would be fine, if you had a Whappo Grande 21" speaker to handle the note.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
i just put that into powertab. i totally understand everything now.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
And, to be honest. It would be better to actually learn how to make a girl orgasm properly, rather than spend so much!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Hmm, what about a detuned bass + octave pedal so the strings aren't too wobbly, and I get to the note.

F# is nothing, Try and play the brown note. I live in a 20 floors apartment, and I'm gonna crank my amp up and play the brown note. The whole area is gonna smell like crap
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Hmm, what about a detuned bass + octave pedal so the strings aren't too wobbly, and I get to the note.

F# is nothing, Try and play the brown note. I live in a 20 floors apartment, and I'm gonna crank my amp up and play the brown note. The whole area is gonna smell like crap

No such thing as the brown note.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
No such thing as the brown note.

No one watches south park around here?!?! Just a little south park humor man
Quote by sum_ugly_man
No one watches south park around here?!?! Just a little south park humor man

Humour?

What is that?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by sum_ugly_man

don't know why you'd detune the bass, an octave down pedal on the F# on the 2nd fret E string would suffice
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I just bought a magnetic piston that vibrates to bass frequencies instead of a subwoofer for my home theatre. You feel the explosions from movies and the bass from music without actually hearing it. I used to live in the dormatories and for some reason all the girls that I was friends with (and some that I wasn't) kept coming to sit on my couch and listen to bassy songs.

Sounds pretty funny right? I'm not kidding.

*edit: and somehow my roomate still didn't manage to pickup a girlfriend--lost cause.
wait so, Nookie by limp bizkit can make girls orgasm?
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Quote by RATM62592
wait so, Nookie by limp bizkit can make girls orgasm?

just because a song is in the key of F# doesn't mean it can make a girl orgasm. it has to be in the right octave
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by Guitar0player
English please?

Man, with that user name, it's so typical it isn't even funny. Way to be a super-duper stereotype...

Anyway, maybe the UG celebrity whose usually seen in threads like this from time to time, Jauqo III-X, can answer this question.

Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Am I the only one who knows quite a bit about eigenfrequencies and thinks this whole concept is just ****ing stupid and impossible? I could go on and on about why this isn't feasible.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by matt-attack
pervs

Way to be an idiot. Reported.

Fitz, is this really impossible? I've heard rumors of it, and I'm curious.
Any normal bassist would f*ck the girl...

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
OK, impossible may not have been the best word I was looking for - infeasible sounds more like it. The whole notion of a bass note giving an instant orgasm implies that there's a eigenfrequency (a frequency at which an object starts to vibrate and resonate further, aka resonant frequency) for a clitoris.

Think about it like this: a glass shatters when it's eigenfrequency is played at a certain volume. It vibrates at many other frequencies until the glass shatters. This is what you're proposing would happen to a clitoris to induce an orgasm. That's the only way F# would be the note and not any other note. You're saying F# is the eigenfrequency of a clitoris.

If it is, it would result in a rather violent and unpleasant vibration of a very, very sensitive area - which is apparently as sensitive as your nose. It'd be like putting your nose in a belt sander. Does that sound appealing?

Not only that, it doesn't have to be a LOW F# to be an eigenfrequency. Here's an example - fret the second fret of your D string and hit the low E as hard as you can. Now, notice that the D string is vibrating, even though you didn't pluck it? Notice the G and A aren't? Notice it works the other way around? Come on folks - use your (10 year old) heads.

But, we're making the assumption that F# (OCTAVE IRRELEVANT) is the eigenfrequency in question. If it isn't, it's not a lower note that'll cause the most stimulation - it's the highest note on the thickest string possible. Turn off your compressor. Play an open low B. Now, play a low B at the 12th fret. Notice the world is about to end? That's more likely to do the job than the bull**** F#0 string.

Sticky this thread. I don't want to ever have to read something like this again.

EDIT: Oh, and we're under the assumption that you have a cab that can play the fundamental perfectly. If you don't, you're hypothesis just goes out the window, doesn't it? If you want to spend the $2000 on a Whappo Grande, you can spend the cash on a nice suit or something and perhaps not need the F#.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 12, 2008,
Well, the last 4 years of my life have been pretty much centred around the bass and Computer Science, so that explains that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Page 1 of 3