what cough medicine works well if you have a plaging cough from acute bronchitis and you need to sing a show. Right i cant make it through more then 2 verses without breaking into coughing. And i got to preform thursday night
Hahahaha, none. You just suffer. I took all the cough medicines known to man when I had it both times. Nothing ever worked. I just coughed and tripped.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
sulphuric acid
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

And yes it is real. A store near my house sells it haha.

EDIT:I love that the URL spells **** in the name and it blocks it and doesn't allow the image to appear.

Oh well heres another link..

Calpol ftw!
It's for like, 6 yr olds and I don't even know if it's for coughs, but I know I used to love it
Quote by nebiru

And yes it is real. A store near my house sells it haha.

image isnt coming up
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by GiantRaven

You fail sir! Read my edit.
Look for a cough syrup that addresses your symptoms. For the most part, use cough drops that don't numb your throat. If you can't feel what's making you cough, you can't feel it if you hurt your voice. That said, there have been performances that I got through only because I was sucking down numbing cough drops like candy. However, I only used them during the actual performance. The rest of the time you want something like Ricola or vitamin C drops (NOT the sugar free kind- too many sugar free vitamin C drops do nasty things to the digestive system). Lots of liquids between now and the performance. Hot tea with honey is good. No alcohol- you don't want to do anything that will dry out the vocal cords. No dairy- you don't want any extra mucous while sick. Talk as little as possible. Carry a notepad if you need to. Baby your voice before and after the performance. Assuming you're talking about a gig with a band, see if the others can do some little instrumental something between songs if you're having trouble during the performance. Be sure to bring a full water bottle or two with you. Be sure to do some nice, gentle warmups before the performance. If you need some examples, go to the vocal thread in Musician talk. Look for where I posted an exercise that I described as being like a string of matched pearls. The goal is to get the voice moving, not push it into exhaustion before you get onstage.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker