I have a somewhat weird problem here. On my B.C. Rich Mockingbird there's a screw on my first pickup (neck I believe), closer to the neck that's loose and has come off. It's on the low E string side. Without this screw, I've noticed that the pickup jiggles around and moves side to side. I've also noticed that the screw goes in some kind of spring and then some gold-ish colored thing.

I think the screw holds the frame for the picks on the easily visible side, then locks that gold-ish thing which is probably connected to the pickup.

Does anyone know what the problem here is? And also, can this be bad for my guitar in the end? Is there anyway to fix this?

Someone please help.......
I think this ssame thing happend to my Ibanez Grx20, just bring it to your local guitar shop, they'll fix it for you

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
i supose maybe in the long run souds like the screw/ springs come out its probly inside the guitar
Quote by rancidryan
i supose maybe in the long run souds like the screw/ springs come out its probly inside the guitar

No, I already took the screw out, its on the frame surrounding the pickups.
Quote by FireandFlames
is it the height adjustment screw, or the screw securing the pickup ring in place?

I'm not sure, can it be both?

It kind of looks like the screw securing the pickup ring though.
I've also noticed that the screw goes in some kind of spring and then some gold-ish colored thing.

That would be the height adjustment screw. If it isn't affecting your tone our pickup output at all, then you might be OK, but you should still try to find some way of putting it back in.
this happened to my sg once when i was changing pickups. you need to get the screw back into the gold thing while keeping the spring between. take the whole pickup out and do it. i think i know what your talking about and it is a pain in the a== to get back in. you need like 10 hands.
Last edited by Mibisabuela at Feb 13, 2008,
Ok, it's the height adjustment screw. The pickup attached to the surround, then the surround to the guitar. The problem you will have is that if the screw has come totally out, so has the spring. You don't need to take it in to a shop, you can do it yourself. A pic would be helpful, because I don't know your exact setup, but I will tell you how I do mine on my Les paul. Take your strings off, then assuming you have a pickup surround, remove the 4 screws that holds that to the guitar, the whole assembly will come out. Look in the cavity and find the missing spring, then you have to put the spring inbetween the pickup dog ear thing and the surround, then put the screw in the middle of the spring into the hole and tighten it up some. It's not hard at all to do, but the springs drive you crazy. I shot the springs across the room when I swapped out pickups in my Les paul numerous times. Just make sure you can find it!
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah