This may sound like an odd question, but there some elections will be held at my high school, and I am a vicepresident candidate and I am in charge of making my own propaganda and some of the candidates' soundtracks... for money. COOL! So I wanted to know which key I should use, could you help me out?
Last edited by streetlegal08 at Feb 12, 2008,
use k#
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

well, if you're going for a sad theme, Dm would be the way to go, because Dm is the saddest key. (Cookie for whoever gets the reference.)
Up the Punx!
A major, tuned slightly (very very very slightly) sharp.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Any major key should work. Try the most basic key you can think of Cmajor. You don't want to make it to complicated. Make it catchy. Sorry i know that wasnt much help.
Quote by crazyj
Any major key should work. Try the most basic key you can think of Cmajor. You don't want to make it to complicated. Make it catchy. Sorry i know that wasnt much help.

Well, in fact, it was cuz I never planned to use C, and the advice about making it simple is interesting.
Quote by Dvnc
well, if you're going for a sad theme, Dm would be the way to go, because Dm is the saddest key. (Cookie for whoever gets the reference.)

I believe you're referring to the tragic "Lick my Love Pump"
Quote by Dvnc

Spinal Tap ftw.
Just do something major, dude. You could make something work with any major key, methinks.
yes, its quite heart wrenching isn't it?
Edit: to jimmy
Up the Punx!
It really doesn't matter what key you play in, as long as it's major.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Use A minor and just slag off all the other candidates
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by Flying Couch
Just do something major, dude. You could make something work with any major key, methinks.

It is just that I have noticed that several soundtracks have the same key but i don't know what it is cuz i never pay much attention to propaganda
So your saying that you're gonna be class vice-president...and you can't even make a decision...on a key? You lost my vote.

Keep it in a major tonality. Key doesn't matter at all unless you know what instruments/vocalists you might be including...even then, you can always transpose. I would say what you want to be considering is do you want it traditional, serious, cool, or lighthearted/humorous.?
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by Dvnc
yes, its quite heart wrenching isn't it?
Edit: to jimmy

oh yeah!
To TS: Google "subliminal music" and similar phrases and see if anything comes up that helps influence people. IDK if it'll work.
Quote by KryptNet
So your saying that you're gonna be class vice-president...and you can't even make a decision...on a key? You lost my vote.

Keep it in a major tonality. Key doesn't matter at all unless you know what instruments/vocalists you might be including...even then, you can always transpose. I would say what you want to be considering is do you want it traditional, serious, cool, or lighthearted/humorous.?

First of all, you are right, I can't make this decision.

And

I want a lighthearted, humorous song.
Quote by Dvnc

Listen to this guy, people will weep instantly when they hear your song.