I have a max budget of $900 or so.

I have my eye feasted upon a Fender Super-Sonic. These amps don't seem very popular. They aren't hated, but I just haven't seen much of them. Anyway, I was playing one at GC, and I loved it. It did the Fender cleans, had a super lush reverb, and it had a very nice built-in distortion. I played it for about half an hour or 45 minutes, until I left.

I had decided that I was going to go in on President's day and buy one, hopefully at a nice discount (if not, I'll look used or something).

My friend thinks that instead I should go for a Twin with a Big Muff.

I intend on trying both of these amps before doing anything, but are there any good amps I should look at in this price range? Max budget is $1000, I would much prefer to keep it down to $800 if possible. I play a lot of different genres of music, from playing in a jazz band to playing in a hard rock/grunge band. I currently have a Valve Junior that I use, and I borrow my friend's JC120 + Big Muff on occasion.

So, UG, should I get the Super-Sonic? Go for a Twin? Look for a JCM on eBay?
Help, please.
I have a 4x12", but I would actually prefer to get a combo due to portability.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Last edited by rafarquhar at Feb 12, 2008,
try maybe a B-52. they have amazing cleans and can still put out some serious distortion too.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Go with the Twin and the Big Muff Pi its killer. The twin has sweet clean and reverb and when you punch a clean fender with a Big Muff you have a huge ange of tone from grunge, alternative, blues, and rock. The twin reverb is a swell jazz amp my unlce is a jazz master and he plays through a twin reverb.
Ive used the twins for a long time. Great head room phenomenol cleans fender reverb and a decent tremelo. But you don't have a dirty side. I have seen some used ones out there for $450.00 to $700.00. Great Amp I use a Butler tube driver, Barber Burn unit and a crunch box for dirt and it accepts them all really well. Guitar is a strat.
you should really look into the Mesa Boogie F-50. Its an awesome amp and ive seen combos used for about $800 bucks. The lead guitar in my band uses the F-50 a rivera sub and the mesa 4x10 and that set up screams like a banshee!
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU...YOU ARE A LIAR AND A WHORE
yes the twin and big muff pi is much better then the super sonic which i think is a bit over priced because its basically a twin with a built in distortion
Quote by Chris Menge
yes the twin and big muff pi is much better then the super sonic which i think is a bit over priced because its basically a twin with a built in distortion

Shut up, you want me to get a Twin so you can borrow it.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Go with your heart.

The Supersonic is a very cool amp. It doesn't get a lot of love because it's not your typical Fender. The cleans are great and if you plan on using both voicings, all the better. The gain is much heavier than anything else from Fender short of the new 5150's. It's extremely versatile, and that versatility is very easy to manage from the footswitch.

So not only is it a very nice amp, but it's also unique, which gives it extra points in my book.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.