Kirk Hammett signature ESP
3 4%
Any Gibson
9 12%
Any BC Rich
5 7%
Other guitar make
12 16%
I really don't know enough about guitars!
2 3%
Voters: 74.
So, I really need some help choosing a guitar (yet another guitar help thread, sorry!) I was originally stuck between BC richs and ESPs, but then I learnt that of course that BC richs are complete and utter crap, and are only for the image. So I thought: everyones going on about Ibanezs I'd better check them out! And then got a bit bored with ESPs and everyone seems to be talking about all the classic makes of guitars (Fender, gibson...) and the make that struck me the most was Fender. So now I really dont know what to choose. Fender? Or Ibanez... I heard some bad stuff about Ibanezs. That they have crap whammys that break easily and stuff, but one of the reasons Ibanezs attracted me was that they were supposed to have good whammys! Fenders? Everyone has'em! Stratos. Lets see... David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix.... But Joe Satriani is very loyal to the 'ole Ibanezs! Now you see i'm pretty confused. The majority of connoisseurs seem to me to have pretty mixed opinions, so i'm gonna refer to you guys. Of course i'm eventually gonna spend a few days touring shops and trying everything out, but just thought i'd better see the guitar lovers' thoughts first.
Please do not vote if you don't know much about guitars, or even anything at all. This will do the opposite of helping me, and I want quality results not quantity (although I want a bit of that too) So all knowers in holy things, please help me to decide!

G
GUI
GUITA
GUITARH
GUITARHEAD
GUITARH
GUITA
GUI
G

Satch fans?

Joe Satriani ...(group) ...(join it)
I'd like to see you try and get a KH2/602 or JS-1000 in that price range.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
dude the guitar you buy has to fit the style of music you play not because of its features i mean they add a nice plus but still

however if you want my opinion go with the fender just buy locking tuners with it and replace the stock tunersand youve basically got a sicknasty guitar with a good tremolo
washburn x50 pro or if you want a more fendery instrument, a levinson blade.

if you're willing to go second hand, MIJ tokai or edwards.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

beat me to it
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Since when are all B.C. Riches crap? I own one and I love it, it's this one:
http://bcrich.com/v_jr_nt.html
It's in your price range and it plays amazingly
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by steven seagull
beat me to it

Quote by uldhppi
80's BC Rich's are considered to be very good instruments.

yeah. never tried one, but that's what i hear from pretty reliable sources.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a BC rich, for they are the greatest guitars of all time, I kid you not. I have played guitar for over 15 years and I have used nothing but BC Rich Warlocks, and they have satisfied my utmost playing demands totally and utterly.

This is totally true in every way.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I wanna play:
Rock (all sorts, hard rock, classic rock -especially-, etc..) Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, y'kno that sort of great stuff...
Metal (Metallica especially).
A lot of Joe Satriani.

Oh and btw, about the BC riches, I just think that most of the money goes into the image, which is not necessarily what I want.

G
GUI
GUITA
GUITARH
GUITARHEAD
GUITARH
GUITA
GUI
G

Satch fans?

Joe Satriani ...(group) ...(join it)
Quote by |Guitarhead|
I wanna play:
Rock (all sorts, hard rock, classic rock -especially-, etc..) Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, y'kno that sort of great stuff...
A lot of Joe Satriani.

Oh and btw, about the BC riches, I just think that most of the money goes into the image, which is not necessarily what I want.

Ibanez.
Quote by Dave_Mc

That gets my vote
ME thinks you should all slap my friend who bought a starter pack ibanez guitar...
on other hand. I do agree about the Ibanez all other people have posted. Bc Rich isn't so much about the image i don't think, atleast not anymore. Their Exotic line is pretty good and those stray quite far from their "evil" look.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Ibanez Rg350 (or 370 maybe)... great for the price, the S series i think are too thin so you generally loose out on resonance and sustain with it, and when using a double locking trem your loosing a lot as it is.
But yea, stock pups are pretty nice, and nice to play and hold, take it into consideration, plays and sounds way better than £400 ESP's iv played!
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1, pro advice.
Quote by |Guitarhead|
I wanna play:
A lot of Joe Satriani.

might be actually worth considering an ibanez s470 for that, as the combo of single coils and humbuckers, plus the trem, would help for those various styles.

needs a pickup swap though. whereas the washburn doesn't- but then the washburn doesn't have single coils (granted has coil taps, but not quite as good), nor a trem.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Washburn X50 PRO, they're awesome.

Seymour Duncans, 24 frets, coil tapping etc. You're not going to get a better guitar for £300, honestly.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
not new anyway.

though if he needs a trem (and satch probably does), and single coils, it's debatable if the x50 is the best guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by |Guitarhead|
Yeah, I do sorta need 24 frets, but other qualities over-rule that...

Really?

Between now and when you decide, count how many times you play the 24th fret.

The only Ibbys with decent trems are the S series, the RG prestige line and anything above the RG550/RG570 (which are no longer in production, apart from that 550 reissue)

And by decent I mean better/equal to OFR quality.
^ +1

I didn't realise you needed 24 frets... unless you can find a nice guitar used (e.g. used rg550/570), you might have to either compromise on the trem, or the 24 frets, for £300. believe me, a crap floyd rose is more bother than having none.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?