Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
i don't have any experience with alvarez, but i played a few takamines and they are really decent guitars!
My Gear:
Simon&Patrick Pro flame maple (so nice)
Epiphone SG-special (cherry red)
Richwood acoustic
Lany 30 Watt amp, not sure what exact model
i dont have experience with alvarez either, but i hear many many good things.

as for the takamines, i dont like them because they usually have a gloss coating on their necks that i cant stand. they're certainly good guitars though. Takamine electronics are usually VERY good. acoustically, however, i have never played one that sounded amazing to my ears. if you are looking to really use this as an acoustic electric, then takamines have a lot to offer you.

in your price range, however, either would be good. I'm glad you're spending more than most people. Lots of people ask for good guitars at unreasonably low prices.
well those are all three pretty good guitars. they all have solid spruce tops which is a plus. the alvarez has a solid engelmann spruce top while the takamine's both have solid sitka spruce tops. engelmann is a tad more mellow and sitka is a tad brighter. the alvarez pd80sc has a solid mahogany back and the takamine eg530ssc has a solid nato back. nato is eastern mahogany and is just a slightly cheaper wood than mahogany... although the two are virtually identical in tone. so there is no noteable difference there. the takamine eg360sc has a laminated rosewood back. solid woods are generally preferred over laminates. you should really try to play all three before you decide though. you certainly might prefer the tone of the eg360sc over the other two even though it has laminated back and sides. the eg360sc might be more comfortable for you. you never know.

another area of interest is the pickup systems in the three guitars. all three guitars have undersaddle pickups with preamps and onboard digital tuners. the alvarez preamp allows you to install another pickup or two and blend the sound to contour it how you want it. this is a great option if it is something you are interested in doing. the takamine guitars sound much better as is though in my opinion. the stock pickups in those guitars sound really great and are very reliable. i don't have any long-term experience with the alvarez pickup systems so i cannot comment on their reliability, only their sound. i can say that i haven't seen many people post around about problems with their alvarez acoustic-electrics though so that is a good sign. the sound of the alvarez pickups is good, just not as good as the takamine system imo.

other differences would be the playability. i actually have an eg530ssc and it plays and sounds great. i've played both of the other two guitars and i would say the same about each. sure any of the three might need a setup after you purchase, but that's going to be true of any guitar. once you get the guitar set up well, they all play just fine imo. some people probably prefer one company's necks over the others. i own guitars from both manufacturers and don't prefer either over the other. then again, i'm really not that much of a nazi on neck shapes or nut widths. that being said, i can't even remember what kind of finish my takamine guitars have on their necks. i know my alvarez md95 has a satin finish on the neck, but i'll have to check later about the takamines.

the appearance of the guitars is the other difference. they are all good looking guitars and have different stylings. all three have natural gloss finishes so they are all polished and glossy. the alvarez has really gorgeous maple wood and herringbone body binding and maple neck and headstock binding. it also has an abalone rosette, gold tuners, and the standard alvarez diagonal abalone inlay on the twelfth fret. these are all spiffy looking features and the solid top and back are typically really pretty. the takamine eg530ssc has an abalone rosette, abalone fret markers, and chrome hardware. this is the most understated looking guitar of the three imo. this isn't to say it isn't a great-looking guitar. as i said, i have one and it's really a pretty instrument. the takamine eg360sc is a fairly ornate guitar. this is the reason why the guitar is still pretty expensive without having the solid back like the other two. this guitar has an abalone rosette, abalone snowflake inlay fretmarkers, gold tuners, and abalone body binding. the abalone body binding is the thing that really makes this guitar stand out. that's a lot of abalone. i also really like the look of spruce on rosewood. it's a better contrast than spruce and mahogany imo, but mahogany and spruce is nice too... especially when it's solid. all this being said, appearance is definitely the least important factor imo. tone and playing comfort are way more important!

so yeah, i've played all three and there's my opinions.
For whatever it's worth, I have the non-cutaway non-electric version of that first guitar, in which I added a L.R. Baggs M1 active pickup to, and it is amazing. I've played lots of guitars too, not just saying that because it's mine. I got it used for crazy cheap but it sounded and played 10 times better than a $630 Ibanez artwood so I sent that one back yesterday. I'd highly recommend it.
From what I've heard from a lot of people who really like Takamines, the G series really aren't that great. I jus bought a used EN40C on eBay for about the same price as those you're looking for, the N series are way better IMO. I would have a look around for a used N series which are MIJ not Korea like the G series?

Have no idea about the Alvarez' though, never played one.

Maybe look at Tanglewood aswell if you get the in canada or US whereer you are, they have some quite good all solid wood guitars for pretty cheap.
^-- great advice there about trying to look at the natural (n) series as well. they are certainly superior guitars to the g series. the g series guitars are still excellent values though, imo.
Thanks you guys very much for the help!
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive