hi people today my rg's trem was further in than it was set at the store so i get less down movment from it is this bad or not

ps: the shop did not tell me what gauge string it was and it is the rg370dx
so if any one knows plz tell me and this is my first ibanez
my gear

ibanez rg370dx
epiphone special II
behringer ultra flanger uf100

vist this site it my band aimless hypocrisy
(here) Aimless Hypocrisy
Last edited by sam3210 at Feb 13, 2008,
UNscrew the backplate of your guitar, Tighten the screws on a metal plate that is pulling the springs away from your bridge if the bridge is popping out. IF its sinking in then loosen them
odds are they will be 9s mate, most RGs come with 9s from factory. The trem is how you put it further down because the strings have stretched out a bit since it was setup. You will need to rebalance the trem which is a time consuming proceedure but if done well will leave you with a guitar that only requires a fine tune every now and again between string changes. Id say consult the FR setup sticky.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
odds are they will be 9s mate, most RGs come with 9s from factory. The trem is how you put it further down because the strings have stretched out a bit since it was setup. You will need to rebalance the trem which is a time consuming proceedure but if done well will leave you with a guitar that only requires a fine tune every now and again between string changes. Id say consult the FR setup sticky.

My GRG came with 8s IIRC. I don't know about my other two RGs since I didn't buy them new. However most of the RGs I've played in stores felt like they had 9s on them.
My Rg3270 came with 9s and my mates js1200 both came with 9s. As far as i can see Ibanez strings edge pro guitars with 9s.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
on the manual it says that they´re nines (don´t you read it??? manuals are for THAT!!!!!)
Keep On Rockin´

Gear:
Ibanez GRG-270
Roland Cube30X
Zoom G2.1u
the shop did not give me a manual

Quote by Varyag_Ace
on the manual it says that they´re nines (don´t you read it??? manuals are for THAT!!!!!)
my gear

ibanez rg370dx
epiphone special II
behringer ultra flanger uf100

vist this site it my band aimless hypocrisy
(here) Aimless Hypocrisy
Last edited by sam3210 at Feb 14, 2008,