ok so i mostly listen to NWOBHM and power metal, and a little bit of melodeath(bodom and wintersun lol and im not too into the screaming yet but its growing on me) but anyway i want to explore the other sub genres of metal. but ive been looking little bit and ive noticed that alot of bands i have looked at are anti christian/satanic or whatever. i really dont want to listen to bands like this, i mean they dont have to be Christian but i dont want them to say things like commit to the devil or such. they can talk about hell and stuff all they want ie judas priest on angel of retibution/halford solo albums, just nothing anti christian or satanic. and a band that i dont think id want to start listening to is venom, or the entire black metal genre in general as ive read its mostly anti Christian. can anyone recommend me some good metal bands that arent anti Christian? maybe some doom metal with clean lyrics(non screaming, for now anyway), ive been listening to a few songs by candlemass and there kinda good and i havent seen any anti Christian messages in lyrics yet lol.

thanks for reading that haha
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Metal sucks....

and you should try the metal forum.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by Steve The Plank
Why would you want to listen to pro-Christian metal?

because i am Christian
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by i have to pee
Metal sucks....

and you should try the metal forum.

Fail. Stop presenting your opinions as fact, tool.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Fail. Stop presenting your opinions as fact, tool.

Lol, rage more?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
Lol, rage more?

Lol, fail at life more?
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Nile, Necrophagist, Cannibal Corpse, Anaal Nathrakh, Skinless, Gorod, Wormed
Quote by metaldud536
Killswitch Engage have uplifting lyrics. But they're not doom metal. Theyre pretty good though.

LIES!!

and TS, just try to ignore the lyrical themes, and appreciate the music for what it is in and of itself. Then, you'll have an easier and better time finding metal.
Oh, and the place where you're going to find the most Christians involved with metal is metalcore (underOATH, the Devil wears prada, etc.)
Try Amon Amarth. They're a tad bit anti-Christian, but only because they sing about Odin and Thor and Vikings and stuff. They really only have one anti-Christian song anyway, which is easily avoidable.

Also try Dark Tranquillity, Dawn of Tears, Agalloch, Opeth, Alchemist, Vanden Plas, Ne Obliviscaris, Saturnus, and Godgory. None of those have directly anti-Christian lyrics.

BTW, I don't think you should let lyrics get in the way of what music you listen to.
get metalcore out of here lol not metal.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150

Then you will not find what you're looking for easily. TO THE METAL RECOMMENDATION THREAD WITH YOU!!!
Quote by Linqua5150

GTFO.

Yes TS, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains. Two bands with uplifiting lyrics! Also try As I lay Dying and Unearth!

Metalcore,Metalcore, Metalcore. It's all METAL.
Quote by Scourge441
Try Amon Amarth. They're a tad bit anti-Christian, but only because they sing about Odin and Thor and Vikings and stuff. They really only have one anti-Christian song anyway, which is easily avoidable.

Also try Dark Tranquillity, Dawn of Tears, Agalloch, Opeth, Alchemist, Vanden Plas, Ne Obliviscaris, Saturnus, and Godgory. None of those have directly anti-Christian lyrics.

BTW, I don't think you should let lyrics get in the way of what music you listen to.

thank you for actually helping lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by metaldud536
GTFO.

Yes TS, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains. Two bands with uplifiting lyrics! Also try As I lay Dying and Unearth!

Metalcore,Metalcore, Metalcore. It's all METAL.

No, it's not all metal. gtfo
Quote by ¿taco_john?
well god isn't real so......

go listen to DISGORGE

What the hell are you talking about? I'm right here.
im not going to push religion on you but God is real.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Najarok
No, it's not all metal. gtfo

Then Wintersun and Opeth and Dream Theater and Bodom isn't metal becuase it's all influenced by something and not completely pure like say...Slayer and Cannibal Corpse.

YOU GTFO.
Quote by Scourge441

But he dun want growling...

Closed... To the metal forum with you!
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S