sorry day what are your thoughts on sorry day (australians should know what i mean)
 [color="Navy"]_____         _____ _          _ _____   _     [/COLOR] 
[color="Blue"]|  _  |_ _ ___|   __|_|___    _| |  |  |_| |___ [/COLOR] 
[color="RoyalBlue"]|     | | |_ -|__   | | -_|  | . |  |  | . | -_|[/COLOR]
[color="Cyan"]|__|__|___|___|_____|_|___|  |___|_____|___|___|[/COLOR]

that is the sex
Last edited by AusSie dUde at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by Steve The Plank
What the **** is up with all these pointless, retarded holidays that Australians get?!

I want some.

+1.
Im getting five days off for Washington's and Lincolns birthday. Washington you slacker. I bet no one has a bust of you on their desk.
Quote by crust_punk
How about you explain it for people who don't know what it is, instead of limiting the replies to "Sustralians" and a few more?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Sorry_Day

yerp thankz man soz bout spelling im at home from school today with a broken hand
and yea im typing one handed but dw i fixed it
 [color="Navy"]_____         _____ _          _ _____   _     [/COLOR] 
[color="Blue"]|  _  |_ _ ___|   __|_|___    _| |  |  |_| |___ [/COLOR] 
[color="RoyalBlue"]|     | | |_ -|__   | | -_|  | . |  |  | . | -_|[/COLOR]
[color="Cyan"]|__|__|___|___|_____|_|___|  |___|_____|___|___|[/COLOR]

that is the sex
I can't believe people were against it... they obviously have no soul.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
'Sorry Day', how crap a name.
I remember reading a week or so ago in the paper about this 'lost generation' and somebody making an apology.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
If it were a holiday, I wouldn't be f*cking working today now would I?

Personally I couldn't give a frogs fat arse about it, I might care if they gave me a day off but I've never done anything wrong by an aboriginal and they've never done anything wrong by me so I officially, couldn't give a toss. Say sorry, don't say sorry, whatever.
yea "Sorry Day" sounds pretty lame, and I can't believe there's people who are opposed for it

"yea we raped your land and such, but we put you on a 2dollar coin..so call it even?"

then again, if the victims are cool with it then we should be too
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I'm ok with it, as long as we get the day off, but we don't so it should just be a one of thing.

^ I agree with that, but some of them want more. FvCK, move on, you are as equal everyone else. What happened dosn't go on anymore, because we have the up-most respect for the Aborigional community, so they should have that respect for us (although we shouldn't expect it back). Yeah it was a sh*t time, but so was all of the wars around the world and plenty of those countries have moved on from those old days of war.

Anyway, that's my rant, now i'm moving on.
Last edited by razorback_al_31 at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by razorback_al_31
What happened dosn't go on anymore, because we have the up-most respect for the Aborigional community, so they should have that respect for us (although we shouldn't expect it back).

I disagree. Australians make out like they're the most un-racist country to ever exist (ooh look we have the second largest Greek population, we're so multicultural and tolerant!) but when it comes to they're own indigenous population, it's always "pfft I don't give a rat's arse about those fucking drunk abbos."

Australia doesn't care about it's indigenous people. Just look at their life expectancy and such. Aussies need to be more like New Zealanders in the way they accept their own native culture. New Zealanders are taught sooo much about Maori culture during their school years, but Aussies are taught nothing, and as a result they don't care.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
I disagree. Australians make out like they're the most un-racist country to ever exist (ooh look we have the second largest Greek population, we're so multicultural and tolerant!) but when it comes to they're own indigenous population, it's always "pfft I don't give a rat's arse about those fucking drunk abbos."

Australia doesn't care about it's indigenous people. Just look at their life expectancy and such. Aussies need to be more like New Zealanders in the way they accept their own native culture. New Zealanders are taught sooo much about Maori culture during their school years, but Aussies are taught nothing, and as a result they don't care.

I know, our misenturpreted stereotype of Aboriginies is drunk, metho smellin abbos. It is wrong, but i guarentee any decent Australian will give everyone of them a shot. They also have the stereotype that we're all gonna believe our misenturpreted stereotype, which we don't.

If we are to take in there culture, learn about there history and respect their past. They have to do the same with us (that being anyone, Greek, Spanish, English etc..), it has to be equal. Which (from my experience) in most instances is not the case, they excpect us to sit down and learn about their culture. But as soon as we go to inform them or our side history, they turn away.
I haven't got a problem with aboriginals, some of them are very cool and successful people. What I do have a problem with is the groups that park their arse in the city parklands and piss-on until they're practically comoatose. I guarentee they're always the ones that are first in line for govt. handouts but the ones actually making a difference within the community are given nothing. It just sh*ts me that they have so much opportunity to better themselves but refuse it and then have the audacity to complain about their station in life.

As I said, it's just a sect of aboriginals who act like this. There are plenty who are great hardworking people, but as with every race, there is always a bunch of w*nkers who propegate the stereotype and make it harder for all aboriginals.
Quote by Battery Chicken
I haven't got a problem with aboriginals, some of them are very cool and successful people. What I do have a problem with is the groups that park their arse in the city parklands and piss-on until they're practically comoatose. I guarentee they're always the ones that are first in line for govt. handouts but the ones actually making a difference within the community are given nothing. It just sh*ts me that they have so much opportunity to better themselves but refuse it and then have the audacity to complain about their station in life.

As I said, it's just a sect of aboriginals who act like this. There are plenty who are great hardworking people, but as with every race, there is always a bunch of w*nkers who propegate the stereotype and make it harder for all aboriginals.

+1, spot on there mate