Is the Boss GT 8 worth the money? Is it complicated to use? List all the good and bad things about it.
I owned one for a little over a year. My thoughts...

- Like any digital device, the amp models leave quite a bit to be desired. Some of the clean sounds are actually really nice, and the high gain is entirely usable, but anything in-between is really mediocre at best.

- The effects sound fantastic. Personally, I think the effects alone are worth the price (though if they're all you're after, you might check out a G-Major). Some of them are a bit "out there", but that standards (phaser, chorus, delay, etc) sound amazing and can be customized to a ridiculous degree.

- Setting up the amp models and effects is not difficult at all, and I was able to work most of the features out without even looking at the instruction manual. However, some of the more advanced features take some real practice to get used to, so it can get very complicated if you want to use it to it's full potential.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by senators31
are there any special ways to set it up to certain amps?

Google the "four cable method" if you have an effects loop.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
It's a pretty nice pedal. I'm selling one if your interested. There's a link in my thread.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
It's the perfect multiFX if you want to use pedals or a preamp for your distortion tones. The send/recv loop and programmable FX ordering are what enables this capability.

Here's my setup. Although the DoubleShot has been replaced with a Nady TD-1. And the Epi Vjr is now a Fender Pro Jr.
Attachments:
mysetup_small.jpg
Wait three more days and buy a gt-10
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite