I was playing a Squier Stratocaster that I can't find any info on. I can't even find a photo of it. I've been searching google for two hours.

the body is dark red, it has the best finish i've ever seen on a Squier. you can see the grain through the paint. it has a matching red headstock thats an oversized 70s or 60s (not sure) type. and the pickguard is black. and thats basically all i know.

does anyone have an ideas as to what model this is? when it was made?
i had the same problem with my epiphone i couldent figure it quite out but i gave customer service a call and i found out i had a custom shop edition g-400 so basically i'm saying try giving fender customer service a call they may have the answer

\
Pictures go a long way... hardware and logo appearance also help greatly in IDing them.
It sounds like he probably doesn't have a pic, and he already said he can't find any similar.

As suggested, you should try calling the company.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
The issue is, you can't tell one from the other without pictures. The hardware is key, as it often dictates what model it was. The logo also tends to b e a clue-in. Does it say where it was made? My bet is on a modified affinity.
Maybe its something like this but someone put a black pickguard on it?

Quote by Chad11491
they would call it "new york" , just like we would call a german city like amsterdam , amsterdam....

The below statement is true
The above statement is false

Quote by JMack
My mom called me a son of a bitch.

Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?
yeah, like that but it's SSS and the finish is a bit darker i think, and you could see the grain under it. and the black pickguard.
Sounds pretty sexy for a Squire and it's not a real Fender. I just got a Standard Strat, cause I didn't wan't a poopy Squire ^_^, sry for u Squire lovers.
don't knock a guitar for whats on the headstock. a lot of touring and pro musicians use 'em.
uhh nope. SSS, thin red finish with visible grain, black pickguard, and matching red oversized sorta headstock.
Might be a vintage squier, maybe? One they don't make anymore?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
i think it might be a Squier Satin Trans Stratocaster.

but i'm having problems confirming that because it's listed in like 3 colours but i literally can't find a single photo of any colour but the amber, which is sorta orange-yellowy. it could be the wine red one.