I just got a Vox Ac 30 from Ebay and..................IT DOESNT F****N WORK!!!!
It will turn on but it won't play anything
When I look inside I see that only one of the tubes are barely lit
The rest of the tubes aren't lit at all
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Sounds like it needs new tubes, but first make sure they are in tightly and didn't come loose in shipping.
did the auction say something like "all sales final" or "sold as is" or "broken"?

if nothing like that was mentioned go though each part of the amp checking tubes and such until you find the problem.
Just check the tubes, if some are not lighting up at least one is probably dead. If the tubes were not packed separately and padded, chances are the bouncing around during shipping damaged them, it's not that hard to do. You can pretty easily swap tubes, it's fairly straightforward. Power and rectifier tubes are usually keyed with a rib on the middle stem, preamnp tubes are keyed with two contacts wider than the rest, so they only go into the sockets in one position. Little or no risk of shock, just don't swap them with the amp turned on.

DO NOT open the amp up, tube amps have filter capacitors in them that can and do hold enough voltage to kill humans for a couple of months after being unplugged. I'm very serious, it's deadly in there, you can safely swap tubes, but inside you're dealing with 400VDC or more in some cases, and high AC voltage too. (My Super Reverb, for instance, has up to 440VDC in places) The filter capacitors in particular are LETHAL for several months. If tubes does not fix it, take it to a shop. Or return it as DOA if you can. Don't even think about opening it up unless you know what you're doing, the capacitors must be drained before working on it, that's mandatory. It's deadly inside.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
Just check the tubes, if some are not lighting up at least one is probably dead. If the tubes were not packed separately and padded, chances are the bouncing around during shipping damaged them, it's not that hard to do. You can pretty easily swap tubes, it's fairly straightforward. Power and rectifier tubes are usually keyed with a rib on the middle stem, preamnp tubes are keyed with two contacts wider than the rest, so they only go into the sockets in one position. Little or no risk of shock, just don't swap them with the amp turned on.

DO NOT open the amp up, tube amps have filter capacitors in them that can and do hold enough voltage to kill humans for a couple of months after being unplugged. I'm very serious, it's deadly in there, you can safely swap tubes, but inside you're dealing with 400VDC or more in some cases, and high AC voltage too. (My Super Reverb, for instance, has up to 440VDC in places) The filter capacitors in particular are LETHAL for several months. If tubes does not fix it, take it to a shop. Or return it as DOA if you can. Don't even think about opening it up unless you know what you're doing, the capacitors must be drained before working on it, that's mandatory. It's deadly inside.

Psh. Just have a few shots of 151, put on a pair of rubber gloves, and fix it yourself.
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
Quote by Paleo Pete

Well, caps are easy to drain and you don't have to go anywhere near them when changing valves i don't think... I worked for a bit in a guitar shop and I've always changed valves without draining the caps and I'm still here...