Hey

Just trying to figure out the best order to connect up my pedals...

At the min I want all the pedals in one loop, so any suggestions as to what would sound best, with the least noise, etc...? For cleans/distortion I'm just using different channels on my marshall, so no distortion pedals, etc...

Here are the pedals:
Boss OC3 Octave
Boss CE5 Chorus
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
Dunlop MXR Phase 90
Behringer TU300 Tuner

+ probably adding a few from the following soon:
Boss DD6
Digitech Whammy
+ A tremelo?

Thanks for any help
http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/fx-order.htm
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
It would be nice to know if you have an FX loop, and if you don't know, I would heavily suggest using it. The order really depends on your sound, but the conventional order would be.

FX Loop Start ->(whammy if you get it) -> OC-3 -> Phase 90 -> CE-5 -> (delay if you get it) -> FX loop end

Guitar out -> Tuner (look at a Planet Waves tuner, the Behringers are so ****ing noisy) -> 535Q -> Amp input

If you don't have an FX Loop, then:

Guitar -> Tuner -> Wah -> *Whammy* -> OC-3 -> Phase 90 -> CE-5 -> *Delay* -> Amp.

Also, if you need a tip for tremolos, I would have a look at the Empress Effects Tremolo and the Dr Scientist Tremolessence if I were you.

Instead of the DD-3, look at a Diamond Memory Lane (easily best delay on the market), or also, the T-Rex Replica, Carl Martin Red Repeat, Dr Scientist Sunny Day Delay, Black Box Quicksilver and Maxon AD-900/999 are great. There are many other brilliant ones but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. If you want more suggestions, hit my profile up. However, the DD-3 is not an unwise choice for a basic delay, but you won't regret it if you go better.

The Whammy is also a great from a personal ownership perspective, but also have a look at the EHX HOG (Harmonic Octave Generator). BTW, you will have the ****s with the Whammy for a couple of weeks, but once you get to learn it's workings, it's pure bliss.

Hope this helps.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
If you have an effects loop, it usually a better idea to keep whammy, wah, and any other distortion or overdrive effects OUT of the loop and running directly to the amp.

Good effects loop effects are modulation effects and delay effects.

If you don't have an effects loop, then just google it and you'll see a ton of info on the different types of effects and suggested orders..

Note that there is technically no "right" way, but most will agree that probably the best order for yours would probably be:

Tuner, Wah, Octave, Phase, and then Chorus..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Hmm thanks for the help

I know there's no "right" way but obviously there is a more or less general consensus as to what will sound best...

Yeah, the TSL 100 has two effects loops, so I will probably try what you suggested:

FX Loop -> OC-3 -> Phase 90 -> CE-5 -> FX Loop

Guitar out -> Tuner -> Crybaby -> Amp input

For now until I decide about the other pedals... thanks for the advice btw on the pedals, I'll look into the ones you suggested.
Yeah, there is no must-abide-to law, but the order we gave you is, as you said, more of a general consensus in terms of electronic property of each device.

But that's no problem my friend.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM