Hey, ive been looking into getting a fender fat strat but have yet to be able to play one, i just wanna know how they are. And if they can handle distortion well.
That is what I have, and I wouldn't trade it. Well I do have it signed by my favorite guitarist (Claudio Sanchez), but thats beside the point

It is very high quality for the price, and can handle almost everything. Cleans are great, as well as its distortion. I upgraded my humbucker, and it sounds even better! Im about to change Single coils too, just because lol.

I definitly reccommend this awesome guitar
What kind of distortion? Because if you want like a searing metal tone then you should look into something with humbuckers. But for classic rock and even some hard rock an MIM strat would be great and IMO strats can't be beat for blues. I have an MIA Clapton sig and its amazing but I've played tons of MIM's and I can honestly say that they were all excellent guitars, especially considering the price.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Im just looking for something punky, blink 182, green day, sum 41, metallica, paramore, black sabbath, stuff like that.
^ you could pull it off with an hss strat.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
^ you could pull it off with an hss strat.

definitely
I love mine, its incredibly versatile and plays really well for its price.
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash