What do yall say about a sound off for different Genre's? Yall requested it so here it is....

Everyone posts clips of there amps best tone and we judge and rank the contestants. That way we can have a place to go to hear every amp and know exactly what it can do...

Also this is not a contest on who sounds the best or who plays the best. This is all about the best tone you can get out of your amp. So being this is all about the gear i would think the thread should stay here in the gear section. (note to the mod's)

The Rules!

1) If your using a distortion pedal or Overdrive pedal you must list it in the pedals section.

2) Can be any song or any riff but has to be atleast 30 solid seconds or more. (The more you put into it the more the crowd might like it.) This isnt a you have to use a new riff contest or best riff.. Feel free to post something you have done in the past or present.. Post it, even if you dont have the equipment anymore.... As long as it follows the rules and you remember the below info on it.

3) You have to post up what gear your using.
Example....
User name:
Genre:
Amp:
Cab:
Pedals:
Effects/Effects Processor:
Guitar:
Pickups:
Settings (optional):

4) And lastly it has to be you playing not a recording from a artist that use's the equipment.....

The judges... Everyones a Judge!

1)Just give them a rank from 1 to 10. 10 being best.

2)Scoring format..
User's name:
Score:
And comment if you like:

3)And if you think someone is cheating call them out...

Questions/faq

"Are Effects Processors allowed?"

Yes they are allowed. But you have to list them.

"If i can get some clips of my rack down then i will enter, who is going to judge anyway? They will have to base it upon the quality of recording and EQ/mastering rather than just how much gain there is."

The contest is for what sounds the best as far as tone per genre.. Muddy sludge might a good tone to some but others its not good at all the judges will decide. More then likely a better eq'd sound will sway people, so by all means use what you got to make it sound the best you can. But do not go over board studio wise. I want to know what the amp sounds like not what you can do in the studio to turn a junk amp into a diamond...

"I tell you what, I'll volunteer to be a judge if you want. I do have some experience with metal (as my name suggests), and recording/sound operations."

Thanks for volunteering. But for this everyone are judges. Becasue one persons verison of metal might not be someone elses and this way we can average out the votes and get a better judge on what is best.. Example One judge likes metalcore so anything that sounds like that he gives a 10 too but the guy with the thrash metal tone was clearly heavier... So whats going to happen is say 10 people vote on one guy we can take those numbers and average them out to see what there real score is...based on all the users....

And lastly LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Feb 12, 2008,
Ahaha, I'm back! The clip is the Fender Tex-Mex one. it should be at the bottom.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/H4T3BR33D3R/

User name:H4T3BR33D3R
Genre: Rock
Amp: Laney VH100R (Clean Channel for Rhythm, Lead channel for lead)
Cab: Directly in the the soundcard.
Pedals: N/A
Effects/Effects Processor: N/A
Guitar: Fender Stratocaster '57 Reissue.
Pickups: Fender Tex-Mex pickups.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Also please us the format provided.. The last go at this there was stuff thrown everywere and it takes up more room then needed.

User name:
Genre:
Amp:
Cab:
Pedals:
Guitar:
Pickups:
Settings (optional):

This is a good example of what a typical contestants post should look like thanks H4T3BR33D3R ......

Ahaha, I'm back! The clip is the Fender Tex-Mex one. it should be at the bottom.

Cool. I'll be sure to enter soon.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also please us the format provided.. The last go at this there was stuff thrown everywere and it takes up more room then needed.

User name:
Genre:
Amp:
Cab:
Pedals:
Guitar:
Pickups:
Settings (optional):

This is a good example of what a typical contestants post should look like thanks H4T3BR33D3R ......

No problem! Anything I can do in the aid of this thread!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.