How does one tap this:

E|---------------0---------------------------------------------|
B|--------------1-------------t15------------------------------|
G|-------------0------------------------t17--t15---------------|
D|--2/3-\-2---2--------t15------------------------t17----------|
A|-----------3-------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------|

Not that they're hard to play, I just cant get the right sound when I tap, I just get more of a "string hitting metal" sound, then I do a proper note.

Sorry for the lack of details, but what am I doing wrong?
Quote by Jimmer1720
How does one tap this:

Not that they're hard to play, I just cant get the right sound when I tap, I just get more of a "string hitting metal" sound, then I do a proper note.

Sorry for the lack of details, but what am I doing wrong?

code the tab its hard to read
Tug a little bit downward when you pull-off the string. BTW tapping is hard to do clean/with an acoustic.
umm... mabye its not tapping? mabye its trem picking....?

just an alternative idea but yea it is hard to read
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
hit it harder, that's why you're getting the string noise
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
you could try and mute the strings with ur left hand then tap with ur right and maybe ull get better sound...or do the same thing with ur right hand and etc. i guess.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
hit it harder, that's why you're getting the string noise

But I feel like im literally killing the string with my index finger, and it starts to hurt. am I STILL not hitting it hard enough? I notice in the video of this song, the guitarist VERY lightly hits the notes.
Maybe do a very slight vibrato with your tapping hand as well? Also, make sure you tap firmly, and inbetween the frets, not directly on. It takes some feel, just keep practicing.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by Jimmer1720
But I feel like im literally killing the string with my index finger, and it starts to hurt. am I STILL not hitting it hard enough? I notice in the video of this song, the guitarist VERY lightly hits the notes.

Probulary the gear he has

GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by Jimmer1720

They dont actually play in most music vids. its just them performing to their track. so that might be it.
Tbh, that's quite a difficult fingertapping sequence. If you're struggling with it, try learning basic fingertapping exercises and build up your finger muscles and finger speed. It isn't about pressing hard, but when hammering onto a fret you need to make it quite hard. Not so hard that it hurts, but it'll hurt on the first attempt. Infact you probably know this already, so less rambling.

The sound you get is the sound I got when I first started out, and it is, frankly, weak fingers. The sound particularly occurs when you hammer-on too weakly, and it creates a sort of harmonic. Try hammering onto the string a bit harder, and like Sevenfoldizm said, tug downwards when pulling-off the string.