OK, so I need somebody to explain the concept of seeding and leeching.

1. How do you seed your songs so you can download new songs?

2. Can you add songs from your iTunes (or any other location on your computer) to your Torrent so you have more songs seeding so you can download at a faster rate?
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
1.Torrents automatically seed, as long as you don't move the file, or delete anything.
2.No, but you can make your own torrents.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
And how do you make your own torrents?
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
If you are downloading from a private torrent engine, then seeding is absolutely crucial because it keeps your ratio up. But if you're seeding from a public site such as Pirate Bay, then most people will screw you over and not seed because no body can hold you accountable for a ratio. My point being, and to answer 1, you don't really need to seed your own songs. But if you truly want to, you'd have to make your own torrent and upload it to a site.

Answer to 2: seeding more songs won't get you a faster download speed.
dude i dont seed anything. i was raised with that whole "downloading will destroy your computer and police will show up at your door" thing so i just download and dont let anyone upload. i'm pretty sure its safer that way, and it works just the same, i really dont know what your talking about at all.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
dude i dont seed anything. i was raised with that whole "downloading will destroy your computer and police will show up at your door" thing so i just download and dont let anyone upload. i'm pretty sure its safer that way, and it works just the same, i really dont know what your talking about at all.

If everyone did that, file sharing wouldn't exist.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Quote by burndttoast
If you are downloading from a private torrent engine, then seeding is absolutely crucial because it keeps your ratio up. But if you're seeding from a public site such as Pirate Bay, then most people will screw you over and not seed because no body can hold you accountable for a ratio. My point being, and to answer 1, you don't really need to seed your own songs. But if you truly want to, you'd have to make your own torrent and upload it to a site.

Answer to 2: seeding more songs won't get you a faster download speed.

But the instructions said that if you seed your songs your download speed went up?

And nobody answered how you make your own torrents.
Quote by justen23

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Quote by rage6945

If you download with torrents, you upload at the same time. You won't get away that easy. Anyways, to answer OPs questions:

1. Just leave the torrent alone after downloading and it'll seed while you do other stuff.

2. No. You can make torrents yourself, but that's usually only done with new releases - torrents will only be downloaded if there's a demand for the files included - and by those with huge upload speeds. So you probably won't want to do that.

But the instructions said that if you seed your songs your download speed went up?

Nah. On some sites, they'll limit your access to files depending on how much you've uploaded, but I've never heard of anyone putting restrictions on download speed. Also, most torrent sites don't demand good ratios.
I'm a communist. Really.
Last edited by Raziel2p at Feb 12, 2008,
Where does it say that? I'm pretty sure that's a lie. Where are you getting your torrents?

And what program do you use? utorrent hopefully, cuz that's what I'm going to use to explain. Just click on the magic wand in the program near the top left corner and then follow the instructions. Afterwards, you'll have to host it somewhere such as a website so that other people can leech off of you.
Quote by Raziel2p
If you download with torrents, you upload at the same time. You won't get away that easy. Anyways, to answer OPs questions:

1. Just leave the torrent alone after downloading and it'll seed while you do other stuff.

2. No. You can make torrents yourself, but that's usually only done with new releases - torrents will only be downloaded if there's a demand for the files included - and by those with huge upload speeds. So you probably won't want to do that.

Not true, you can limit traffic if you know how. =) But I only refuse to see music, anything else such as movies and pr0nz I seed quite a lot.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by burndttoast
Where does it say that? I'm pretty sure that's a lie. Where are you getting your torrents?

And what program do you use? utorrent hopefully, cuz that's what I'm going to use to explain. Just click on the magic wand in the program near the top left corner and then follow the instructions. Afterwards, you'll have to host it somewhere such as a website so that other people can leech off of you.

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/peersharing/a/torrenthandbook.htm

Magic wand?

If you keep your pointer on it does it say Add Torrent From URL?
Quote by justen23

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.