I have an ESP F-50 with EMG 81/85's. I have the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppression pedal as well. I can pretty much get rid of all the extra noise but then it makes it near impossible to do any kind of hammer-on/pull-offs because the pedal kills the sound quickly. If I don't have it pretty much maxed, there's a lot of extra noise. I know I don't have anywhere near a professional setup but I was wondering what else would play a factor in the noise? I see pro's playing live and you only hear what they're intending to play, nothing extra ever.
gain is up too much, or your amp might be bad for hi-gain tones.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
i have heard that that boss pedal sucks alot. And you can expect these results. look at the ISP Decimator, and the MXR smart gate. Ive heard alot better things about these pedals.
I'm using the Line 6 Uber Metal pedal so i'm not using the overdrive on my amp. It happens both ways though. The NS-2 works good when i turn it up but like i said, then i can't do a lot of fancy stuff (tapping, etc...). What about my guitar? Is there anything particular on a guitar that would play a factor other than the pickups i already replaced?
Quote by blackenedESP
I'm using the Line 6 Uber Metal pedal so i'm not using the overdrive on my amp. It happens both ways though. The NS-2 works good when i turn it up but like i said, then i can't do a lot of fancy stuff (tapping, etc...). What about my guitar? Is there anything particular on a guitar that would play a factor other than the pickups i already replaced?

don't use distortion pedals is all i can advise.

also put the NS-2 AFTER the distortion pedal.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar