Page 1 of 3
I'm making it a personal mission to try and get this board into these three related bands. Bit of a cult band at the moment, but if you want to buy one of the original releases you're already looking at about £35 ($70). Ridiculously limited copies of albums so far. But with the up-coming re-issues on Digitalis Industries they're finally going to be available to get ahold of.

Natural Snow Buildings are a French male/female duo (Mehdi Amaziane & Solange Gularte), and Twinsistermoon and Isengrind are their respective sideprojects.
Coming in the next few months are an album ('Laurie Bird') on Students of Decay that is limited to 100 copies, and a bunch of re-issues on Digitalis along with bonus EPs and stuff.

Anyway, I highly recommend checking out some of these tracks (taken from Digitalis)...

Natural Snow Buildings - Rain Serenade
Natural Snow Buildings - Wisconsin
Natural Snow Buildings - Lie There
Natural Snow Buildings - All animals in the form of water

Twinsistermoon - Scaffold
Twinsistermoon - With blackened eyes

Isengrind - Morgenstern
Isengrind - How deep is the mud?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
No thoughts?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Really liked the first two and would probably look into them more, but I wasn't digging Isengrind at all really.

I'm not up for £35 though. :/
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

If you email the guy that runs Students of Decay, he's going to be selling 'Laurie Bird' for $8ppd worldwide, and Brad at Digitalis usually makes the stuff affordable (think they're going to be about $12 worldwide).
The originals were limited to 50 or less copies so its rare they crop up.

Don't think you're alone on the Isengrind opinion, from comments I've seen around the net its the least popular of the projects.

Quote by Shine On...
I really would listen, but oh the inconveniences of dial-up.

In this day and age!
Can completely understand though. I remember when we were on 56k, used to take hours to do anything.

RateYourMusic
i liked them all, nsb the most, followed by isengrid and then twinsistermoon. i had the impression that i had heard what twinsistermoon was playing about a thousand times
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I think I may actually like Isengrind the best of them all, followed by NSB. Twinsistermoon is really good, too, it's just not quite as interesting as the other two. I think I might pre-order Isengrind's new one and maybe, bank account willing, NSB as well. Good looking out, Andrew.
^ Glad to hear you enjoy it that much.

Three completely different opinions on Isengrind then! Obviously a bit of a marmite.

RateYourMusic
So, I just ordered the Isengrind and NSB albums. The guy sold them both to me for $30. Huzzah! Saved me $3 Plus, with the free 3" CD's that come with them, I'd say that's a pretty damn good deal. I've got a lot to look forward to now, since I'm also waiting on my pre-order of the new Bon Iver album. I'll have plenty of good stuff to listen to whilst pulling my inevitable study benders.
^ Nice one. Five discs for $30 seems a good deal.
Know the name Bon Iver but know nothing else. Be sure to say whether its any good.

Students of Decay has 'Laurie Bird' up for sale today. Honestly think that they'll only be up for a few days.

EDIT: Ok, I obviously over estimated the speed at which they were going to sell. All gone already! They weren't even up for 24 hours. Should think a few distros managed to snap up a few copies though.

RateYourMusic
Pre-orders for a split between the three is now available from here. For $28 you get the two disc split plus Natural Snow Building's 'Sung from the north' (limited to just 100 so be quick). Otherwise $20 for the two disc split. Postage paid worldwide within those prices. Worth checking out, if you don't like them I'm sure you could sell them on ebay for at least the same price.

RateYourMusic
As everyone who's read this thread is now aware, Laurie Bird sold out in the blink of an eye. I, however, have recently come across a blog which is hosting Laurie Bird. PM me if you'd like the link.
I might have a spare copy of that at some point, depends on a couple of things., but yeah, it's been floating around on blogs and journals for a couple of weeks.

Surprised the special edition of this "split" hasn't sold out yet.

RateYourMusic
I'm glad I found it. I don't really have any idea when the pre-orders are being shipped out, so I'm getting a little antsy. Glad to have some new NSB to listen to other than the four tracks from DI's website.
Which pre-order are you wondering about?
'Laurie Bird' is most likely in the post, this three way should be in the next couple of months, 'dance of the moon and the sun', really have no clue when that'll come. Can't send any emails to Brad at the moment either for some reason, just keep getting them sent back which is rather annoying.

RateYourMusic
I ordered Dance of the Moon and Sun and Isengrind's Golestan. I assume it should be relatively soon, in any case. I've got enough to tide me over, though.
I pre-ordered the "The Snowbringer Cult" special edition for $28. I think I might pick up one from Digitalis, if I decide to spend the cash.
Sent from my iPad.
I should think 'The dance...' will be in the next month or two. The other pre-orders haven't been flying out and it depends whether he puts it out in the next batch or later. Would be nice to know when they're meant to be out, but he does send them when they're ready so there's nothing to worry about.

Nice one paintITblack, glad they're going down well

RateYourMusic
Got the Twinsistermoon stuff this morning and somehow managed to get copy #1 of 40 of 'rivers of blood ending in the sun'!
Never had a #1 of anything so that's going to take pride of place in my collection.
Damn good little EP as well, really enjoying it.

"Girl open your heart and bleed, the river of blood that flows into me" - probably have that slightly wrong but it is lovely.
If you search google for 'rivers of blood ending in the sun' a bunch of pages come up linking to mediafire uploads of the EP if you didn't manage to get a copy.

Also, yesterday there was a crazy scramble for a new NSB release, 'Slayer of the King of Hell' coming out on cassette and limited to 95. Seemed to sell out pretty much instantly, which to me would suggest that distros managed to get their hands on quite a few copies.

RateYourMusic
Quote by slinks
I ordered Dance of the Moon and Sun and Isengrind's Golestan. I assume it should be relatively soon, in any case. I've got enough to tide me over, though.

Hate to do a third post in a row, but found out earlier that 'dance...' is thought to be dropping towards the end of April.

Also, came across a nice blog piece here with scans of the original release and a big ol' piece about it. The artwork is getting re-done though so it probably won't be too similar, but beautiful none-the-less.
There are blogs on a couple of the other releases as well in the archives.

RateYourMusic
Ah, that's good to hear, and that artwork is really great.

On a lower note, I went back to Digitalis, since I decided I was going to pre-order Ilyas Ahmed's new one, only to find it's (apparently) sold out.

He's pretty incredible; just a shame his stuff is so hard to come by.
I'd be amazed if it was sold out. Think its due out next week so its probably just getting moved from the pre-order page. Check next week and I'm sure it'll be available.

I've got the majority of his CDs so if you want to check one out just send me a message and I'll try and upload it or something because they are ridiculously hard to get these days unless you're willing to spend about $50.

RateYourMusic
Yeah, that's probably what it is. I thought its disappearance from the pre-order listing was a bit mysterious.
So, I jumped on the relisting of the Ilyas Ahmed reissue. Thanks federal tax return! And thanks again for the upload, Andrew.
No problem, should be good. Haven't heard 'Between two skies' but 'towards the night' is a really good album.

Keep hearing of people's tax returns in the States at the moment, so jealous.

RateYourMusic
Posting to remind myself to listen when I get home.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
So the split is out this week, wahoo.
Also announced was another bonus disc for 'The dance...'. That's either 4 or 6 CDs depending on what was ordered! Seems nuts. Pre-order finishes mid-week so I guess it's going to the pressing plant this week or next.

May as well point this out as well seeing as it went out of print in about half a day.

Ilyas Ahmed re-release came the other week as well, enjoying it Slinks?

RateYourMusic
why did i not read this thread the first (or second) time it was around?

this is all gorgeous.
^ Just one that vanishes into the others maybe?
Glad you like it

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
So the split is out this week, wahoo.
Also announced was another bonus disc for 'The dance...'. That's either 4 or 6 CDs depending on what was ordered! Seems nuts. Pre-order finishes mid-week so I guess it's going to the pressing plant this week or next.

May as well point this out as well seeing as it went out of print in about half a day.

Ilyas Ahmed re-release came the other week as well, enjoying it Slinks?

Yay! More music for me!

And yes, I'm enjoying it very much.
Just hope it's worth it.
Been getting into Twinsistermoon so much more than the others lately.

RateYourMusic
Has anyone got the split yet?
I thought I ordered early but it hasn't shown up Keep seeing people adding it on rateyourmusic and discogs and getting jealous. In theory the UK should be quicker to post to than France from the US. Actually woke up at 9 this morning in anticipation of it arriving, it didn't, only a bunch of credit card bills - great substitute!

RateYourMusic
I never ordered the split (between Isengrind, NSB, and Ilyas, I was a little tapped), but I am getting really anxious in anticipation of Dance of the Moon and Sun arriving. Digitalis said they should be shipped by the end of the month.
Yeah really can't wait for that one, it'll be amazing.
I think there's another tape coming out soonish as well.

RateYourMusic
I got the Snowbringer Cult just a couple hours ago and I'm now importing it.
Sent from my iPad.
Good to know they're still just arriving

Be sure to say what its like. I've seen it has been uploaded onto the internet already but I don't want to spoil it and no one has left any real remarks about it that I can see.

RateYourMusic
There I was not too long ago thinking £35 for one of the original discs was quite a lot of money, then along come a new batch of ebay idiots...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110248850328

Hope they're happy having spent that much and realising in a few months time that it will be re-issued.

Saturday Edit: Don't want to triple post, but 'The snowbringer cult' arrived today First disc isn't bad, still not bowled over by Isengrind but Twinsistermoon I love. Got the NSB disc on at the moment and enjoyed it so far. This is going to get lots of listening.

RateYourMusic
Another triple post, whoops

Anyway, thought people might be interested in the new release on Digitalis Limited. Will go quick. Went up about an hour and a half ago. $7 for US and $9 for international, bit of a bargain and surely worth a shot.

RateYourMusic
Page 1 of 3