Page 1 of 2
Well i know im complaining and whining but this is just really bugging me. When i was in elementary school i was very popular, i had lots of friends, and i was very happy. But ever since high school i have been very depressed because i only have few friends which came with me from elementary school. I have not met any friends from highschool. I know i should talk to people more than i do but when i do talk to people i dont know what to talk about and ending up just stopping the conversation. Dont get me wrong im not really quiet or anything its just that i wish i have made more friends and even maybe a girlfriend. Like when i was in elementary school i guess you could say i was a class clown and i wasn't afraid of being loud. But now ive started to crack down and get good marks but its like it has to be one or the other for me and right now its grades. Ive considered going and sitting with other people at lunch but when i think about it i just back down being afraid that they will look at me wierd. I guess ultimately im afraid to talk to people because i think that they will think im a loser and i will scare them away for good and that my worst fear.

So every so often now im will be sitting down and thinking about this and i get really worked up and i get mad sometimes taking it out on others and ****. Im just really worried with myself right now because i want to make the most out of highschool but am having a hard time doing it.

And then on top of all of this their is this one kid who a real prick and that is full of himself who thinks i am a loser which doesn't bother me but whenever im around other people he will saying some smart ass comment about me being gay or something and he says i talk "smack" about him which i dont. And then fo course theirs another kid who heard that i said he was a ****ty guitarist when i actually think hes pretty good now hes mad at me. Basically high schools been nothing but plesant for me.

So anybody going through the same **** that i am? i know im bitching but i really needed to get that off my chest.
Quote by delta blues
Basically high schools been nothing but plesant for me.

Wait, what?
na man dont worry i have the same exact problem going on in my life right now look to the positive and u will pull through it
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
good for you, its nice to get those feelings out, tlkn is the best way to start the recovery process

whatever happened to the venting thread?> was that closed?

if so it was probably cuz of all the flaming assholes here
Quote by squirrelboy
Wait, what?

Sorry its the other way around i meant to say miserable.
"Do you ever feel like breaking down..."
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
People suck. If you can make it through life alone, by yourself, even if those around you are trying to be friendly you will be fine. Just learn to control your problems by yourself, without the help of others and life gets easier. We all got issues. Fight your way through it. Life sucks.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
dude. i no just what it's like. it's hard man. but u just gotta get up and make a change! become a person they never saw coming. just like start over tomorrow and like be ****in awesome.
Quote by myself101

"Hey there Delilah what's it like in New York City...."
just get a couple good friends that have your back, really you don't need that many friends,
i chill with the same five people on and off, im cool with it, and when you get really pissed about stuff just play guitar for like four hours strait, its very calming
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Drugs, Alcohol!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Just be yourself. You will soon learn that you can only depend on yoruself cuz everyone else in the world will do somthing to upset you/p**s you off etc.

Family are your only friends
thanks alot guys, its calming to see that im not the only one who feels this way. And i always say that im gonna start over the next day but the fact is that its hard. And i really dont want mr marks to go downhill either. But i am trying pretty hard now so hopefully things will change.
Dude, high school doesn't mean ****. Start getting high before class and you'll have no worries... I'm joking.
Are you a freshman or what grade are you on?
Otherwise talk with friends of the friends you have so you get to know more people. That way you can talk about your friend or they probably will have similar interests than your friend and maybe you. I'm kinda stuck like you, between school/grades or having a lot more of friends. i have about 6-7 really good friends and a bunch of other people that I am kinda friends with them, but not really their best friends (if you understand me) as for girlfriends i am horrible with girls, and i haven't had a girlfriend since i moved to the U.S. 3 and a half years ago (but when i come to think about it i end up thinking is because i am a foreigner), so ...

I would say you're depressed tough i am no psychologist, just need to be more extrovert. (idk if its the correct word).
Last edited by el rulfo at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by myself101

yes, so **** you.

Quote by Pat McRotch

that's a good song, i don't care what people say.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Quote by Pat McRotch

"I'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes you do..."
Quote by elementwood89
Dude, just go get high. It'll make everything better.

I hope you're joking...
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by St.Loony
"I'm a thousand miles away, ut girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes you do..."

"Ohhhh, it's what you do to me...ohhh it's what you do to me..."
It's cool, everyone needs to vent once in a while. Here's some advice I can give you from personal experience.

First: The people you have around you now, keep them. I'm almost done a 5-year university degree, and I still talk to friends who I kept close through high school.

Second: The some jerk wants to be an ***, let him. Water off a ducks back. I know it may seem like a huge deal right now (been there, done that), but once you realize that in the grand scheme, it doesn't matter. Not everyone will like you, people will be jerks, just do what you can.

Third: Tell the guy you think he's a good guitarist. Clearing the air can never hurt.

People tell you high school is the best time of your life. I think that's a bunch of garbage. Things have gotten so much better since then. Keep your chin up, shrug off the idiots, and you'll do just fine.
Quote by St.Loony
"I'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes you do..."

Careful, that's how I got banned last time
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
I was like that for my freshman year of college. For a long time. Then, i got fed up with it. I had no one. I was 200 miles away from home. So i just prayed to god. All night. Then i could feel someone put their hand on my back, squeezing my shoulder. I didn't look up, i just continued to pray. Then after about and hour or so I got up and left. As i'm walking back to my dorm, i see this guy carrying an electric guitar. Not an acoustic like every one else had. I ran over to him and introduced myself, and we became best friends.

So later I'm talking to someone who was in the chapel with me that night.
And she said that no one put their hand on my shoulder that night.
It was just me.

Just though I'd share this.
Quote by i bleed metal
just bring in your amp and ax one day, plug in, play something sick...

and they'll come

well not at my school they dont. last time me and my friend brought ours they called us gay and stuff like that.
Quote by Pat McRotch
"Ohhhh, it's what you do to me...ohhh it's what you do to me..."

I'm gonna stop cuz I hate the song

**GOES BACK ON TOPIC**

Okay dude,
You just need 3/4/5/6 friends who you know will have stand by for you no matter what. It's just findign the right people to interact with. And like I said just be yourself - if people think your cool they'll comunicate and if they don't think your cool then f**k them.
just relax in high school, be yourself, dont adjust for anyone

as soon as you graduate and go to college, you won't see 98.5% of the people you went with and youll only keep a couple friends, then youll meet more people at college

i hated high school

i love college, work is hard, but the people arent fake like high schoolers

no offense
Quote by St.Loony
I'm gonna stop cuz I hate the song

**GOES BACK ON TOPIC**

Okay dude,
You just need 3/4/5/6 friends who you know will have stand by for you no matter what. It's just findign the right people to interact with. And like I said just be yourself - if people think your cool they'll comunicate and if they don't think your cool then f**k them.

You should have still carried on...

And to TS...St.Loony is right...Don't be greedy with trying to have the most friends.
Thanks for all your help guys. It helped me alot. I think ultimately i just gotta talk some more and stop worrying about people thinking im strange. But just let me say this out of experience:

Dont be a dick and put somebody down for anything. Because that one prick who thinks hes so cool actually isn't. Always allow somebody to hang out with you guys if you notice their trying to become friends with you because i know from experience how hard it can be.
Quote by SOADwannabe

that's a good song, i don't care what people say.

That's your problem.
Quote by Pat McRotch
You should have still carried on...

"Hey there Delilah, I know times are getting hard..."
Quote by Rooster666
well not at my school they dont. last time me and my friend brought ours they called us gay and stuff like that.

ha, figures

i did it in the middle of a study hall one time, well my first time, i played my low e and dumped at at a decent volume, then did a little shredding, then played back in black

some people were pissed, some people liked it

i mustve brouhg tback my amp and ax 10 more times, people liekd it more and more and i got more people to bring in their stuff, it was pretty sweet

moral of the story, tyr again...as long as the school staff doesnt have a problem

Wow, I apologize how I've butcher my spelling and grammar. I'm pretty drained.
Last edited by i bleed metal at Feb 12, 2008,
Oh also, if you want to meet new people join a club or sport or a group or take a class were people stay throughout their high school years like band or orchestra.
Quote by el rulfo
Oh also, if you want to meet new people join a club or sport or a group or take a class were people stay throughout their high school years like band or orchestra.

Well i was on the school volleyball team but i had the same problem where i didn't talk to anybody
Quote by delta blues
Well i was on the school volleyball team but i had the same problem where i didn't talk to anybody

Then try another sport or talk to the people on the team, you're bound to talk b/c of teamwork. Otherwise like people said before if your friends are really good friendfs then you dont really need that many other friends and you are going to fell lonely from time to time (like me) so just talk to more people.
Quote by i bleed metal
just bring in your amp and ax one day, plug in, play something sick...

and they'll come

If anyone ever did that at my school I would think they were the biggest fags on the face of the planet.

No offense.
I am the Infantry.
Dont worry so much. Get over. These things have a way of working out. Relax jsut have fun. Who cares what others think. 90% of life is wut you make of it.
High school doesn't mean **** man....All those popular people will have no friends once they graduate and move on. (if they do)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Jeeze, I feel exactly like you do. Everybody tells me it's my fault because I'm being shy, and I guess part of it is my fault, but going to a new school where you don't know anyone is ****ing hard. Like Joe Dirt says, keep on keepin' on.
Page 1 of 2