so I've had a fender strat for about 5 years now, play for about 6mo. then take 6 off and so on. I'm not a beginner but no expert either.

The past few weeks I've been playing my friends $1200 Les Paul and I can't say I'm impressed. I've also noticed that he likes to play my strat rather than his every time we are together.

His action is set way high for one but after getting used to it I still don't get a good feel on it. The frets are different and my guitar is just more comfortable and easier to play.

I've wanted to get a Les Paul as a second guitar but now I'm not so sure..

IS there something wrong with his? There must be, right?

/no way im trying to start a FvG argument
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
Today I realized the newer Gibsons are ****. My Epiphone plays and sounds 10x better than a SG Standard I played today. I've played about 4 Gibson's that were all made between the 60s and the 70s, and they're amazing guitars, but the newer ones all feel cheap to me.

You'd be better off keeping your strat, unless you can find an old use Les Paul.
I love Strats. For me (and I'm sure others) Strats and LPs are polar opposites. They just feel totally different. I can tell you're likely not gonna be happy with the LP, so it'd be cool to just keep the strat.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X