My Ibanez has a floyd rose-style bridge. I was retuning it today and so I was tightening the springs in the back. When I was doing this the screws got ripped out of the wood of the guitar from the tension in the springs. Now the screw holes are completely stripped and thus I cannot screw the screws back in.

Is this like a serious problem or can it be fixed easily. Thanks
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
well of course it is serious take it into a shop imediatly and show them and see if they can fix it!!
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
What model was it?

Gut feeling is an indo-made model made of basswood. the wood on those is horrendous. TS, you may want to try and fix it, but if you don't feel comfortable doing so take it to a shop. What you need to do is fill the hole with a dowel and redrew.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
What model was it?

Its an RG.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

I guess all I'm asking is..... can they drill another hole at a guitar store and will it matter that it wont be in exactly the same place as the old hole? Also i've never heard of this happening before so I'm not sure if I did something wrong
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

Quote by CJRocker
Gut feeling is an indo-made model made of basswood. the wood on those is horrendous. TS, you may want to try and fix it, but if you don't feel comfortable doing so take it to a shop. What you need to do is fill the hole with a dowel and redrew.

Okay.....thanks man
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

Quote by SomethingWild
Its an RG.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

I guess all I'm asking is..... can they drill another hole at a guitar store and will it matter that it wont be in exactly the same place as the old hole? Also i've never heard of this happening before so I'm not sure if I did something wrong

Nothing you did wrong. I had a 5EX1 and the wood was crap. If you drill the hole bigger, you'll need a bigger screw and it won't solve the issue, especially with high tension stuff liek that. You'll need to put in a dowel and redrill sadly.
Dude, u should have go a fixed bridge like me. Those wack setups on the Ibanez's look gross. All that for the trem? If you wanted something with a trem you should've go a strat.

Like my sexy fixed bridge? Makes u wanna blow a load.
Quote by RockAddict311
Dude, u should have go a fixed bridge like me. Those wack setups on the Ibanez's look gross. All that for the trem?

You sir, are an ass hat.

If you wanted something with a trem you should've go a strat.

No, you should go for something with a GOOD locking trem.
Edge, Edge pro, Lo pro, ZR and Edge Zero trems from Ibanez are considered the best out there..MUCH better tuning stability, range, feel and durability than a non locking vintage strat style trem.

Like my sexy fixed bridge? Makes u wanna blow a load.

No, but this does..

Last edited by godofshred at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by CJRocker
Nothing you did wrong. I had a 5EX1 and the wood was crap. If you drill the hole bigger, you'll need a bigger screw and it won't solve the issue, especially with high tension stuff liek that. You'll need to put in a dowel and redrill sadly.

+1
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Shove a matchstick/toothpick/small bit of wood around that size in the hole, then screw the screw back in. Fixed.
That happened to me too, honestly I just put a longer screw in and it stays. The screw doesn't sit that tight but it does the job.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by SomethingWild
Its an RG.

Well no offense, but that's a pretty ****ty model. I'd reccomend just dropping an OFR in there instead of fixing that one, or leaving it hardtail.
Dickless.
Quote by CJRocker

Okay thanks dude. Can they do this type of thing at guitar center? Like i know it might not be that hard to do but i dont wanna mess up or something.......

Also, maybe a really stupid question, BUT this is the first time my guitar has ever broken......do guitar stores typically do repairs even if you didn't buy the guitar from there, or do I need to go to guitar center where I bought the guitar?
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

Quote by sam b
^ dont they come out every time you do a dive

Surprisingly, no. They came out when I was doing some maintenance tonight and wouldn't stay in though, So I'm glueing them in until I can take it for repairs.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1