I have a roland cube 15 right now. I do not plan on gigging ever, so don't suggest so 100 watt bs. Favorite bands are Tool, A perfect Circle, RATM, Killswitch Engage. I play a MIM strat but im thinking about also buying an Ibanez or Schecter. Chances are i have enough money for the amp so just throw out some good suggestions.
Try a small little tube amp, like the Peavey Valveking Royal 8 (given your genres).

I don't know of any other high-gain small amps, as I don't play much high gain stuff.

Hell, I'll say it. Maybe you should try a Spider Valve (c'mon guys, he says he's never gonna gig.....)

EDIT: But, in all seriousness, get a small tube amp.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Crate Palimino V8, or a Blackheart amp. I am assuming on that second one...

Both with an OD...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Orange Tiny Terror
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
well got a fender super 60 amp
and its pretty gainy for your regular fender amp
its got two channels and man does bad boy have crunch
there reletevely cheap and you could get them on ebay for 300 bucks
this thing when it comes to tone and just that bad ass crunch
is the best beats the palomino or those valvekings
and for a fender it beats most ouy there on the overdrive channel

i would also look into the tiny terror but you would have to buy a pedal for that i suspect

oh sht just looked and saw you play RAtM
you gatta get this amp man its perfect for that
plus the thing is all tube and comes with an emmenince speaker and the reverb is really good considering its solid state
i really like how the EQ is very tweakable just a change of the knobs changes your sound completely and you got no idea how many amps out there have EQ and there like really gohst EQ not very noticable when messing around with the EQ especially solid states and modeling amps, the EQ sensitivity is really noticable when you got the gain up
and the presence knob really helps shape the tone
Last edited by the-kid66 at Feb 12, 2008,
well you probably want a higher gain amp for tool and kse some maybe try a peavey valveking or a 6505 depending on how much gain you want.. or possibly what i think of as one of the most underrated amp ever the b-52 at series
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by the-kid66
^yah thanks for the input captain obvios

i think he was trying to say the poster wanted to get a combo amp not a head...
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Yea I'd rather have a combo, I'm thinking about the Seriously thinking about the Peavey Valveking 112 at this point. IS the only different between the 212 and the 112 just the wattage?
Last edited by pyro88 at Feb 13, 2008,
Marshall combo amp. I saw a JTM45 I think in a music store for around 500 dollars. Breaks up pretty easily. sounds great especially for Tom Morello type stuff. Get an OD pedal and your good to go.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by pyro88
Yea I'd rather have a combo, I'm thinking about the Seriously thinking about the Peavey Valveking 112 at this point. IS the only different between the 212 and the 112 just the wattage?

And, you know, the speakers.
I think this is going to be my next amp.

http://www.drzamps.com/miniz_head.html

Saving my pennies right now.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by the-kid66
^wow
just wow

What's wrong with that?

Dude, that amp looks pretty sweet. I always wanted a little head (get your head out of the gutter) to get a cranked sound without deafening anyone within earshot (including me)
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--