Yeah Im wanting to practice my playing with the slide and I was wondering if anyone knew any songs with heavy use of the slide in them.

Also, anyone know any good lessons or sites that expand on the use of the slide? Like the different tunings and scales you can use.
Listen to me now and hear me later!!
Leo Kottke.
:3
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
freebird

/thread
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Zep,

Good luck. The slide adds many layers to a song and isn't too difficult to learn. It takes a while to master it, though. Try songs by the Allman Brothers or most any Southern Rock band.

Rock on, Brother!
Dish
i agree with dish, easy to learn but hard to master. freebird is definately what comes to mind when i think of a song with easy slide guitar. just touch the strings (don't press) right over the actual metal fret, not in between like when you play normally. be as loose as you can, but that will come with practice. you're going to need to mute the strings that you're not playing cause the slide is gonna touch other strings.

and the greatest slide player (imo that is) duane allman never used a pick when he played slide. he was quoted as saying that if you have a slide on your finger and a pick in the other hand then you aren't even touching the guitar.

of course, that was his style. plenty of people use picks with a slide.
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals